Fly CFS1 at game spy arcade

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Fly CFS1 at game spy arcade

Postby JG57_Rall » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:03 pm

does anyone play cfs1 on the game spy arcade or does anyone want too?
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Fly CFS1 at game spy arcade

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:02 am

I did look at Gamespy when M$ were still talking about removing CFS1 from their Zone.

I installed all the files and did a check for spyware. It found nine adwares including three in the installation files.

I uninstalled everything and the next day I had three more.

Hadda clear em outta my system restore before I could scan again and get rid of 'em all.

If it wasn't for that I would happily use Gamespy; The 2 games of CFS1 I played there ran much more quickly and smoothly than on the Zone.

However I'm still playing on the Zone for the moment. Even with it's reduced numbers there's still more than on Gamespy and the skill level is better on Zone (imo).
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:27 am

I never got to play on the zone, And can`t find it there now. Have to run my ad aware app after reading your take on gamespy. I guess I am a day late and a dollar short, again.
Thanks for the reply.
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby JG57_Rall » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:51 pm

The YABBC tags are there by mistake, I don`t even know what they are for. So disregard em and visit my site at
http://richardspromos.com/ww1/cfsindex.html
to download some aircraft for CFS1. And if anyone would like to trade links or post aircraft on my site, let me know.
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:56 pm

The game of CFS1 is still on the Zone but M$ are winding it down so there tend to be times when almost nobody is around now.

If you use this link http://zone.msn.com/en/root/flightsimulator/ it will take you to the sign in page.
The route to get into CFS1 on the zone is tricky so make a note of these steps or you still won't find it:-

1) Sign in using your M$ passport.
2) Hit Enter when required to.
3) A new page will appear first which is nothing to do with CFS1. Ignore it and re-enter the link http://zone.msn.com/en/root/flightsimulator/ in your browser window and enter to forward to that url.
4) after a moment you'll see the Flight Simulator section games window open but it will not show any games. Wait for a small "Zone friends" window to open bottom right of your screen, then;
5) Hit Refresh.

The main browser will now refresh. Although it is essentially the same page you will now see a number of game rooms open that were not there before.
One of these (probably the last on the list) is Combat Flight Simulator 1 and the room is called "Furball".

Don't despair if there aren't many around, you just caught it at a bad time, try again later.

Blue skies.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby JG57_Rall » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:32 pm

Hey thanks buddy. I got in, wow whole new game cept my planes were`nt welcome had to load some stock planes. sure is different flying them. Thanks again buddy
JG57_Rall
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:31 am

There are two camps playing the game online (which is the reason some may object to your planes);

Some play the game and add to it to enhance their enjoyment of it. They bring new planes, scenery, etc.
Games which encourage this are sometimes referred to as 'mod' games, as they have been modified. To be more accurate they should be referred to as 'download' games as 'mod' games are usually something entirely different, where you might see u.f.o.'s flying at 1,000,000 mph and able to kill opponents with 1 round aimed in a completely different direction.

Some play the game just to get better at the existing game as it comes without modifying it at all. These are called 'stock' or 'cd only' games. These will not permit you to fly any aircraft which did not come with the cd as they may give you an unfair advantage over others.

For myself, I fly stock cd games only. Although I have added and use RAF662 gunsights and Ark Royal scenery these are accepted as stock as they do not alter the competitive nature of the game.

If you want to fly other aircraft you will usually find a game which encourages their use after a while and there are still plenty of pilots around who use them.

In either version, players who alter their files to gain an unrealistic advantage over others are regarded as cheats and usually get ejected before long.

Hope you have fun and enjoy whichever version you are flying. Incidentally, flying stock will generally enhance your 'flying' skills the furthest so I'd suggest flying both if you want to improve at either.
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator