Thank you CFS1

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Thank you CFS1

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:54 am

I'm not following CFS1 to any of the 'alternative' sites and wish to offer a thank you to the many friends I have made during my time playing CFS1 on Zone.com. I shall not mention any by name. There is no need. They know who they are.

I started flying CFS1 online August 2001. I was very lucky and found some great people who were more interested in having fun and winning while playing, than just winning for winning's sake. From them I learned not to fly with cheats or the abusive gits who tried so hard to spoil the game for others.

My first teachers were the primates of EW Squad, and then EURO after I joined them in November 2001.
I should like to thank them both for their efforts and entertainment which has continued on Zone.com right up to the final days of CFS1.

Indirectly, but through my association with these great squads, I found myself with access to many other great pilots/players who have also given me much fun and entertainment over the years and I would also like to thank them.

Thank you to everyone who has helped someone else learn a little about CFS1 and remembered that the game is about having fun, and that there is more to CFS than merely winning.

Apart from my more familiar names; EURO_Shades (with various ranks associated), EW_Gordo, DrRedSkwirrell, and Grizzly_Bare1, I have also variously flown in CFS1 under many other nics. If you've had occasion to curse any or, if you've flown with/against any of the following, and had fun while remaining honourable and true to the spirit of the game, I thank you.

_Jim_Rockford_, _MeckleBonce_0, _Nanna_Of_Death, _ROAD_K1LL_, _Santa_Bare1, _Shades1_, _Sky_Hero_, _Slave_Master1, _Super_Skwizza_, _Vixs_Valentine, _Voodoo_2, _x_Shades_x_, _05_Nud_Bare1, _BAT_Shades, _DumAzBlunder, _F4rT1N_SheB, BADBARE_UK1, BIG_Gutty0, BoastfulMoth, BroaderCashew, Bubblegum_Coot, CKret_Skwirrell, CrAnk_PrAnKstEr, CuterUnMunkeez, Cutest_Bare, D_StRoYa, Da_Easta_Bunny, Death_2_F1K, Devil_Luvver1, DrRedSkwirrell1, ElderlyMonk, Elv1s_Skwirrell, Exemplo2 (sry Ex, hehehe), Faulty_Two, FidgetyChimp, FormalBeef, FunkyNeurotic, gaze_of_ny4, Godlike_DogFox, Greedy_Shades, GrinningCargo, Harry_Ayres, Hawnee_Ferret, I_R_Blonde, I_R_Leprechaun, I_R_NEKKED_, Ima_Seal, LuvzDaAngel, MinorDizturbanz, MoOnS_PrAnKstEr, MrRedSkwirrell1, Nekked_Ferret, Nervous_Puffin (sry +Arillus, hehehe), Neurotic_Ferret, NeuroticSkwizza, Noble_Thruster, OhhhhhhhhhSilky, P51_Ramrod, Page3_Da_Sun, PeppySquirrel, Polka_Skwirrell, PowerMadPlus1 (for the few childish and power-mad pluses who occasionally upset a pleasant atmosphere within CFS1's walls just because they wanted to make themselves feel 'big' and made it harder for other more responsible pluses), Psi_Phy, QC_RedSkwirrell, RacketyPilot, Raven_B0nkers, Raven_Death1, Red_Skwirrel, Red_Skwirrel1, Red_Skwirri1, Saddam_deramis, Santaz_Gift, Santaz_Thruster, Saxon_Phoenix, Saxon_Skwirrel, Shades908 (my original Zone nic), Shadey_Poo, Skarlet_Skwirel, Smooch_Hunter, SneeryFeline, SoapyMillipede, SoopaNova1, St_RedSkwirre11, Stocking_Filla, StTRiNiAnS_GuRL, SuvvernJessie, Toasty_Simian, UnWordless_Duke, Valiant_Ferret, Vampire_Skwizz, VM_Phaggro1, WizardTomb0, (and finally, my former + nic) +Wordless_Duke.

I have never hidden behind nics (unless I was testing a potential recruit for EURO), but I having multiple nics has been fun on occasion.
;)

Thank you too, to Simviation for being the number 1 resource centre for CFS1 during my time playing it. I often referred n00bs to your hallowed halls after a question appeared in main chat and usually, it resolved the problem of a missing 'this, that, or the other'.

Great friendships come from the heart, through spoken or written sentiments.
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Thank you CFS1

Postby Gunny04 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:03 am

well mate lets see if my list beats this EURO_AMShades ok lets start

Currently 7th_LTcol_Hawk for private uses!

ACP_GEF_Bandit
Mighty_Bandit3
Sniper7175
ACP_LR_Bandit
_52_FAdm_P38J
WOW_Sniper2
VF51_3Gen_P38J
_44_1lt_P38F
VF51Gen_P38J2
USA_P38J
_82nd_Sniper
mvirro6
ST_LtJG_Sniper
_52nd_FAdm_p38j
ACP_Lt_Sniper
_52nd_FAdm_hawk
_52nd_RAdm_Hawk
ST_LtJG_kik2
Death6777
BSS_Sniper2
AIR_Sniper_
DLS_Co_Death
ENS_Col_Death
ACP_E1S_Eagle4
SDFGen_joker
X_Eagle3
JO_AC_Death6777
ST_Ens_Eagle2
ST_Cdt_Eagle_2
_242nd_Ghost2
_39th_2LT_Eagle
_7thGen_Ghost
_7th_Col_Ghost
SDF_Col_Ghost2
X_Eagle_Fighter
X_Wyld_Fighter2
VF51_Gen_Ghost1
VF51Gen_Ghost
VF51_Col_Ghost
VF51_Col_Ghost3
PBS_Co_Eagle
Combat_Spy_U7
BSS214_Eagle1
VF51_Maj_Ghost
VF51_Maj_MTV2
VF51_Cpt_MTV2
AAC_Gen_Death1
AAC_Cdt_Ghost2
VF51_Cpt_Ghost
BF_Hawk_Jr
Eagle_death1
ENS_Xo_Death
ENS_cpt_Death

EDIT:
SWW_Sniper1
SWA_Sniper2
AIR_Death3
_eagle6
ST_Ens_Kikaider
ST_Cdt_Tailspin
_RAF_Eagle3
_992_Eagle2
_RAF_Cdt_Eagle1
BSS214_Eagle4
Raf111_Hawk1
RAF111_Eagle2
_992_Hawk1
EV_eagle
Last edited by Gunny04 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD athlon 3800 Venice Socket 939 64 bit at 2.4Ghz, 6100K8MA-RS Foxconn Motherboard, 1gb (2X512) OCZ Platinum PC3200 Ram, EVGA 8800GTS 640MB OC, 500 Watt NZXT psu, and Windows Vista Ultimate Total hard drive space 530gb
Gunny04
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:40 am

lol, the point of mine was as a thank you from the various nics different people may have known me by.
;)
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Gunny04 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:24 am

As I should have put in mine as well, I never did it for competition, just never found my 'place' Cheers, Gunny and Thanks for those whom have changed my life from CFS
AMD athlon 3800 Venice Socket 939 64 bit at 2.4Ghz, 6100K8MA-RS Foxconn Motherboard, 1gb (2X512) OCZ Platinum PC3200 Ram, EVGA 8800GTS 640MB OC, 500 Watt NZXT psu, and Windows Vista Ultimate Total hard drive space 530gb
Gunny04
Major
Major

Postby Sytse » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:21 pm

~S~ Shades

Thanks for all the fun, good advise and kind words. I'll miss you...

~S~ mutches  ;)
Sytse
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator