Over 20 New never seen before CFS1 planes

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Over 20 New never seen before CFS1 planes

Postby DieStaffel » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:42 pm

Greetings all,
                        I am considering releasing over 20 new CFS1 planes never seen before(except for those who bought Hart's War) and even then, there are aound 13 of these planes for a desert game never developed.

These planes included working cockpits, full animation, all size 8(compatible with CFS1 aircraft), full colouring and near perfect DP and Air files.

Now before I put some effort to doing this, I just want to see if CFS1 is still alive and I am not wasting my time (again).

Some of the planes include:-
Bf109F ::)
Bf109G6( with underwing 20mm kannenbooten and droptank) ;D
Bf109K ;D
Fw190D :P
Bf110C :(
Ju87B :D
Ta-152 ;)
Me262 ::)
Gloster Meteor :-*
P51B (Malcom Hood) :o
P51D :(
P47D(Bubble canopy, underwing rockets) ;D
P38E :o
P38J ???
P40C ::)
P40E :P
Hurricane IIC :P
P80 Shooting Star :o
Yak9 ???
Typhoon :-X

Now these planes were developed for several games that we were involved in, they are copyrighted by us(Myself and Gerry,  *designers) so wont be able to be used in games without our consent and the site will be donationware for those of you who feel like helping us out.

The aircraft will be called Combat Simulators, hence the aircraft will have the prefix of CS and will be up when I can find somewhere to host it for free with around 20MB of free space(any suggestions?).

So, who is interested in these planes?

Thanks

Die Staffel
Never let history get in the way of a good computer game
DieStaffel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Over 20 New never seen before CFS1 planes

Postby Padser » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:58 am

~S~

I remember the Die Staffel web site back in my CFS1 days! ;-) What a great resource it was, too!

There has been some renewed interest in the game of late - Zone numbers are apparently outstripping CFS2 these days, although it's been some time since I got involved...

I am sure there would be takers if you were to make them available, and some would be happy to pay a small sum for quality add-ons.

If you don't use them, they're just wasted '0s' and '1s' - seems an awful pity...

~S~

Pads
Padser
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:05 am

CFS1 is still alive despite the four years of "CFS is dead or dying" I've heard in RidgeRunners since I started playing it. And that includes the period when a certain "+Coming2ByteU" insisted in also adding his 'wisdom', advising everyone in RidgeRunners every day, in his capacity as a MemberPlus that CFS1 was no more and was being removed from the Zone and that everyone would be better occupied transferring over to CFS2 immediately and then start saving for CFS3 (2002 I believe that was, Die).

I think the "last time" when you "wasted your time (again)" was because you wanted to charge people to use your wares but had already told your potential customers that the game was dying (or 'Die'ing as we came to know it). Sort of a negative, but nonetheless amusing, sales strategy for those of us who witnessed it.

Great sites like www.Simviation.com were already around and collecting add-ons, for those who wished to expand their games, for free. And they still do. Simviation is still the first site I refer people to when asked for any assistance in Flight Simulation games. It is all-encompassing, helpful, free, what more does anyone need?

You say this time your site is "donationware". Does that mean users can obtain and use your produce without subscribing in any way and choose whether to donate to support you? Or is there a compulsory payment they have to make indirectly or otherwise?

I don't wish to do down your work nor your contribution to CFS as a game or genre. The contributions you made and the work I saw was mighty fine. I'm sure the kind of people who like to expand their games would probably benefit from your work. Personally, I only fly stock and my interest is in learning to fly what came on the cd rather than expanding it, so it's of no interest to me.

But, if I was interested in adding to my game, I still wouldn't pay for it. There's more good stuff around than ever to be had and it's free.
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sytse » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:53 pm

P51B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Count me in!  ;D
Sytse
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:03 pm

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2. ... bKG200.zip

Here ya go Pidge. They're free on 'Simviation'.
8)

http://www.simviation.com/cfs1aircraft11.htm (fourth one down).

If you goto http://www.simviation.com/search.html and enter the name of the aircraft you're looking for, it'll give you a list of where they all are within the download section (including which games they apply to). For the P-51B, I entered exactly that. There's loads more on there, but many are for other games.
Last edited by DrRedskwirrell on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:34 pm

Here ya go Pidge. They're free on 'Simviation'.
8)

http://www.simviation.com/cfs1aircraft11.htm (fourth one down).

If you goto http://www.simviation.com/search.html and enter the name of the aircraft you're looking for, it'll give you a list of where they all are within the download section (including which games they apply to). For the P-51B, I entered exactly that. There's loads more on there, but many are for other games.

Not the best example of that particular model if you don't mind me saying so. Look at the name of the original author. Pat Didier. One of the very best & most prolific aircraft designers in the CFS community in its heyday. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/search.pl?p=1&lang=en&include=&exclude=&penalty=5&mode=all&q=patrick+didier

Last edited by Hagar on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:54 am

As Hagar is aware, I've been working with WW1 repaints and edits for CFS1. If making your own, a proper poly can make a lot of difference for the texturing (even -- maybe, especially -- with the CFS1 program's bitmap limitings). Most of the 3rd party models have larger than stock textures but have forced the fuselage texture around the top and bottom; certainly makes a rather poor visual from within the cockpit. The #8 sizing is also a plus; in reality, our eyes work telescopically and, at 1000 feet away, see an airplane as something more than a large dot.
Last edited by H on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:52 am

Hiya Hagar,
Nope I don't mind you saying at all. I have to bow to others experience in this area. The only aircraft add-on's I have ever used were for closed EURO missions and made by EURO designers and painters and are only available from the EURO download site (thus far anyway). Some still aren't even available outside of EURO. lol.
Only offered this one to Pidge as it was one I found already on here and he seemed keen to have one. There were others available too (when I used 'search') and of course, being Simviation, he doesn't need to pay for them or make a donation to anyone for them.
:)
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sytse » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Oooooh! You guys are the best!  8)  :-*  :P  ;D
Sytse
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:47 pm

Don't forget 'cutest'. Never forget 'cutest'.

;D
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sytse » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:11 pm

Like this?

Oooooh! Cutest guys are the best!
Sytse
Major
Major

Postby DrRedskwirrell » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:25 pm

Well, thass not quite what I meant.

::)
www.Skwizz.co.uk
DrRedskwirrell
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sytse » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:55 pm

;)

;D
Sytse
Major
Major

Postby denishc » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:22 pm

Hello Mike, old man, good to hear from you and "Die Staffel" again.  Hope your doing fine and everythings going o.k.

I own "Hart's War" and let me say that these are some of the finest aircraft built for CFS1, as well as missions too.  You won't find a better P-47D (bubble top), Typhoon or P-51B.  The Meteor has the "rounded" tail of the Mk.3 and just try to find a Ta-152, which is a excellent aircraft.

AS for CFS1 being dead, well that's far from the truth.  Just go over to Sim-Outhouse, "Ivan" has been on a building streak and has released 3 new aircraft over the past 3 months.  And fine aircraft to boot!

So Mike, keep us appraised of this latest endeavor and let us know when you and Gerry have your site setup.

"Long live CFS1"

P.S.:  I tried to vote "yes" in the poll, but the polls aren't working on my rig.
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:40 am

[quote]P.S.:
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Combat Flight Simulator