Help

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Help

Postby H_S_Monkey » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:18 pm

Been playing CFS1 for a few weeks now and have been playing on the MSN game zone with no problems (apart from being shot up too easily).
Today whilst on the game zone and joining a game, the CFS "awaiting zone connection" page froze and my computer freezes. The same thing happens if I launch CFS and click on 'multiplayer'. I can't close the program or return 'home'.
I've reinstalled the game, downloaded the latest graphics drivers with no luck. The program keeps freezing.
Been fine for the last 3 weeks, any ideas ?
Thanks,
HSM.
H_S_Monkey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help

Postby Delta_ » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:23 am

Have you tried scandisk and defrag.  Do scandisk first if that pulls any errors out let it correct/convert to files.  Then defrag the hd.

If that is not the problem. How much free space do you have on your hard drive.  It may be you have run out of virtual memory. (Memory on your hd that adds to your main memory when it needs it.)
Delta_
Major
Major

Re: Help

Postby H_S_Monkey » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:14 pm

Thanks, sounded a good solution, but didn't work.
Memory's not a problem, I'm thinking now it may be the game zone files as the game plays well and only freezes with multiplayer.
H_S_Monkey
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator