objects

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

objects

Postby highsteel » Mon May 12, 2003 3:01 pm

I would like to place landable aircraft carriers in mission files, ala cfs2. is this possible in cfs1?
I faintly remember adding objects (ships) to the object library, but this may have been in cfs2. Is there such an animal in cfs1, and if so, does anyone know its location?
highsteel
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: objects

Postby denishc » Mon May 12, 2003 9:43 pm

Highsteel,
 Check out the "Die Staffel" web site.  There, on the right hand side of the screen, scroll down to the "Useful Tools" section.  In "Useful Tools" you'll find scenery for 2 aircraft carriers, the USS Essex and the HMS Ark Royal.
 I personally don't have these two downloads but "Die Staffel" is really good about the stuff he puts on his site (just try some of his aircraft!) so it should be o.k.
 Hope this fits the bill for you!
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Tue May 13, 2003 12:26 am

[quote]Highsteel,
Last edited by Hagar on Tue May 13, 2003 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby denishc » Wed May 14, 2003 9:47 am

Hagar,
 Sorry if I stepped on any toes, I did mean too.  Like I said I haven't downloaded the USS Essex so I had no idea you were its designer.  And I'm sure the operator of "Die Staffel" would not post anything on his site without giving its designers full credit.
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Wed May 14, 2003 10:16 am

No need for an apology Denis. You innocently re-opened an old wound. They're old files & the least said, the soonest mended.
I downloaded my USS Essex to check it out & noticed my original documentation is included. However, I can see no customary credits to the original designers anywhere on that site. This would give any visitor the mistaken impression that it's all the webmaster's own work. IMHO ::)
Last edited by Hagar on Wed May 14, 2003 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby DieStaffel » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:27 pm

Sorry Hagar,
                     I never claim any work that isnt my own, and I always try to include any documentation from the original designers.  All I do is repair and repaint many FS98 aircraft for use in CFS1 and put inlinks and tools for people to use.  The only claim to fame of my own aircraft which is going online in August, a Bf109K, made by myself and Gerald Keegan.  If you like I will add a line to my site nominating you as the designer of the Essex carrier addon.

My sincere apologies

Die Staffel :-[
Never let history get in the way of a good computer game
DieStaffel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Combat Flight Simulator