Help for a newbie

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Help for a newbie

Postby Strung_Out » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:56 pm

hey everyone,

i have just recently obtained a copy of the original CFS and have found it a most entertaining simulataion. Although the planes included with the package are good, i felt the need to download some 3rd party aircraft from this site, which i am having trouble with. I have followed the readme files included in the downloads, and installed the aircraft accordingly so, but when i launch the program and start flying, everything works normally, except when im in the cockpit view all i can see are the apprioate panels, and black where the view of the worlds should be. i am running CFS1 on a windows XP system.

thanks for your time.
Strung_Out
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Help for a newbie

Postby Hagar » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:46 am

Hi Strung_Out. Please read my CFS Panel Clinic. http://www.simviation.com/lair/CFSpc.htm
I think this might explain your problem - & how to fix it.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Strung_Out » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:09 am

Thanks Hagar, all i had to change was the "PANEL_MASKING_OFF" line in he config files. Everythings working now i am enjoying all the Add-ons.
Strung_Out
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:42 am

Strung_Out. Thanks for the feedback.Glad my suggestion helped. I thought that would fix it.  ;)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator