Radio Chatter?

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Radio Chatter?

Postby feverbro » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:52 pm

Has anyone out there tried adding the radio chatter download from the official Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator site to CFS1? I would like to try it but would like to hear what others think of it first. Also, if I download the German radio chatter will all my radio messages always be in German or is it only when flying German missions? Thanks, Feverbro.
feverbro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Radio Chatter?

Postby Hagar » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:25 am

Those files have been posted for a very long time. I might have tried them once but really can't remember. The German voices should only be heard from German pilots. If you wish to try it not much can go wrong - providing you follow the instructions.

Click on the language you want to download (below), and save the .zip file to a temporary directory on your hard drive.
Unzip the file into the same location. You'll see an appropriately named directory (either American, British, or German) containing hundreds of .wav files.
Go to the Combat Flight Simulator directory that contains the radio chatter files and rename the existing language directory.

The default setup location of the radio chatter files is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator\Sound\Radio\American, British, or German.

For example, if you are replacing the German radio files, rename the German directory to German_old.

Copy the entire unzipped directory of files from the temporary directory into the Radio directory in your CFS installation. That's it, you're done.

Note: The wav files on the CFS CD are not directly compatible, as the file names are expanded during setup. And, if you replace a set of radio chatter files with the corresponding set of files in another language, the screen text associated with those new files will also be in the native language as well. The German, British, and American Radio Chatter files are not supported by Microsoft Product Support.
Last edited by Hagar on Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Radio Chatter?

Postby feverbro » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:27 pm

Thanks, I think I'll give it a try. I've been flying CFS since last October using a force feedback joystick and I have been pretty much obsessed with it. It's so real. Hearing more talk from the other planes would only add to it.
Feverbro
feverbro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Combat Flight Simulator