North Africa/DAF scenery for CFS1

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

North Africa/DAF scenery for CFS1

Postby kernowpaul » Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:25 pm

I have had the recent misfortune to lose a lot of files.

The only thing I have been unable to find anywhere is Mauro Giacomazzi - CFS1 Nord Africa scenery of Cirenea (E Libya & Egypt), and associated textures.

Any ideas of anywhere I can download it, would be appreciated.

Ta very much PJ
kernowpaul
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: North Africa/DAF scenery for CFS1

Postby Hagar » Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:36 pm

Sorry PJ. Mauro pulled those old CFS1 files a long time ago. He's now involved with CFS2 & maybe CFS3. Unless you can find them posted on a squad site somewhere you're fixed.  :(

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby USMC_Col_Ret » Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:43 pm

I have the North Africa scenery and textures.
Have mailed them to you at your listed e-mail.

Col. Kemp
USMC_Col_Ret
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby mikencfs » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:51 am

If anyone else is looking for the Libya/Egypt scenery by Mauro, it can be found at the Lorraine squadron site; http://larryone.chez.tiscali.fr/epoque_era_2.htm

Mike
mikencfs
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby kernowpaul » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:16 pm

Thank you very much, I have recieved the file forwarded and coincidently had already downloaded the Africa file of the french sqdn site a couple of nights ago as an alternatively. Not reading french I hadn't realised that it was Mauros scenery. ;D ;D ;D ;D
kernowpaul
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby FAFL342 Larry » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:32 am

Hi all

I'm so amazed to see that Mike is still concerned about my CFS1 site ! What a great answer !

OK : things have changed ; the site has moved and some North African sceneries were added (West. Lybia, Tunisia...). To tell the truth, the East Lybia & Egypt scenery on my site is not Mauro's genuine one cause I've (mostly) enhanced the textures by using some FS2002 one's. Don't miss some "textures packs" that are required to get the scenery working. I'm sorry if there is any confusion due to use ofFrench : I do my best to translate everything, but the job is in process for the North African "ERA"  :-[

So here's the new address :

http://mapage.noos.fr/laurentpenot

follow the "ERA 2" link, then "Sc
FAFL342 Larry

Postby kernowpaul » Sun May 04, 2003 5:10 pm

FAFL342 Larry

Thanks you for your site and posting of the enhanced version of the North Africa scenery, I enjoy flying CFS in the Middle East, and shall be visiting your site again.

As an aside the North frica sceenry can also be found at RCAF 6 Group, Med scenery Downloads:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rcafcfs1/

PJ
kernowpaul
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby TJ_Gumby » Wed May 14, 2003 12:15 pm

Larry: Your site looks very nice but i couldn't get squat from it. Every download link i clicked on gave me a momentary "Forbidden" page, followed by the site you see in the pic below, which i highly doubt has anything to do with flightsimming. (although i wouldn't know as i can't read french)

PJ: Thanks for your link, i got it all in under 5 minites. (I hate wild goose chases.  ::) )

TJ_Gumby
Captain
Captain

Return to Combat Flight Simulator