Flying tips on hard model

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Flying tips on hard model

Postby valet_dave » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:07 pm

Some of you might consider these "trade secrets", but I have to ask.

When flying on the zone, I'm getting clobbered whenever the hard flight model is selected.  Obviously this highlights my lack of skill and/or ability... but are there any tricks to stop black outs or stalls, AND still be able to out turn the opposition?

I never climb in a turn, I have auto rudder off, air mixture settings on manual and adjusted for below 5000, am using a P51 or Hawker, normally run about 2-3% in fuel with full ammo.

I've tried using flaps and low throttle in dives and turns to reduce speed (to stop black outs), but this obviously has issues with stalling.  Or is the stall indicator something to ignore if the plane is still maintaining altitude?

Anyone have any more tips???
valet_dave
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Flying tips on hard model

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:31 am

Dave I regret to report that there are a number of people who play on the zone that cheat! Silly really, what happened to skill. My advice is to organise a session with friends and password it, then you know you are all flying on an even basis, and it is just skill against skill.

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Flying tips on hard model

Postby Smoke2much » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:11 pm

Dave,

Join a squadron like the greatest on the Zone, the 83rd.
None of us cheat and we all fly at 100%.

My first tip is practice, practice and more practice.  Fly on quick combat at 100%, it is easier than the zone but you will learn to handle stalls etc.  Use the padlock view to avoid blackouts.  You will have to learn the climbing and diving turns.  They are essential to survival.  Never play at less than 100% as you get lazy.

Will

(_83_Capt_Wilf)
Who switched the lights off?
Smoke2much
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator