HELP! With CFS1,2 & 3

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

HELP! With CFS1,2 & 3

Postby Sherman R. Batman » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:31 pm

I am having a problem with dowloading anything from the many campaigns, airplanes, etc, available from Simviation.

I have a Pent IV processor, 256,MG of RAm, Direct 9 , and all the bells and whistles required to run these programs.  I do, however, have windows XP.

When I download a campaign it will go to  MY Documents as a zip file.  After opening the file I try to move it to the Game program and it will appear there  .  After all this it will not appear on the game .  I did get the Iwo Jima Campaign as far as CFS 2 but could not open it on the game.  It is there it just wont open.

I am practically computer illiterate and don't understand all I need to know about this stuff.  

I would appreciate all the help I can get I live in a very remote area and computer experts are non-existent.
Sherman R. Batman

Re: HELP! With CFS1,2 & 3

Postby SilverFox441 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:27 pm

You should read the tutorials available at: http://www.simviation.com/lair/main.htm

You might also want to read the "Read Me" files in the downloads...the author wants you to use what he has done and will generally explain how to install the work.
SilverFox441

Return to Combat Flight Simulator