North Africia & Med Scenery

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

North Africia & Med Scenery

Postby kernowpaul » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:35 pm

I have loaded in accordance with instructions provided:

Chris Burgess
Tunisia
Libya
Sic Striat
Crimea
Gibralter/Oran
Italy
Med texs

Mauro Giam...
Egypt
Cirenea
Nord africa desrt texs

Cryingtotos
Elba
Sardinia
Corsicia

I have been told in the read me's that they are all compatable. However I am getting blue texture showing in the desert area's. Does anyone have these sceneries loaded that are working give me any idea's where I may of gone wrong.

I have even got the order of the scenery layers in the correct out order as per C Burgess instructions.

Kernow
kernowpaul
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: North Africia & Med Scenery

Postby mikencfs » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:47 am

~S~

I don't have the sceneries installed at this time but have had all of them installed earlier with no problems.

Are the blue textures scattered throughout the scenery or in one area?

Also, I think Cliff's Italy has scenery for Elba and the one by Crying Toto isn't required.

Mike
mikencfs
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby kernowpaul » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:16 am

S!

Thanks for the reply.

It appears in patchs, the airfields are fine but it seems to be certain places will have blue patchs with desrt around it.

I removed cryingtoto's Elba, but with no effect on the problem.

Kernow
kernowpaul
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby kernowpaul » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Still can't seem to solve this. I tried varaitions of layiny, dumping all the scenery in one place in the CFS route and outside.

It just does not seem to blend. Thought I'd give a last blast of the brains out there before giving p.

Kernow
kernowpaul
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Padser » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:53 pm

~S~

Just guessing here, but from my brief flirtation with mesh building using Martin Wright's clever programs (it's so long, I can't remember what they were called... ), I would guess that one of the scenery tiles (the graphics used to create the 'skin' over the mesh) is missing its desert textures, or in fact actually contains a sea texture. It doesn't sound like a  land class issue or anything as the whole scenery would be blue. Maybe comeone could correct me on this...

Again, just guessing, and assuming you have the patience, this is what I would do to find out...

First back up all of my scenery textures.
Locate the tiles that contain solid sea and paint a big red circle on one of them

Check the scenery - if the blue patches now have a red circle you have found the tile in question. Remove it and save one of the desert tiles with the same file name and hopefully it should appear in the same place in the scenery.

If the red circle is missing, try another

Repeat to fade...

Would this work, I wonder?

Otherwise, it's going to be a case of removing all of the scenery and then adding them one by one to check which causes the problem

All the best,

Pads
Padser
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:56 pm

I've been using Padser's method to make WW1 airfields with the stock scenery textures (except that I put a cross across the scenery texture instead of a circle; whatever you choose). Of course, with the "view as webpage" option it's a bit easier to downpage through standard, varying scenery in the scenery folder when looking for a specific one; as Padser states, it may be necessary to mark and check each texture tile since desert scenery may all look so much alike. If this is the case, you can mark more than one tile by using different marks (cross, circle square, colors, etc.) at a time. I believe I'm using the default "Shift" + "Z" (to display the coordinates in the upper left of the screen during gameplay) so that I can more easily identify the texture and fly over it in checking.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator