Thinking of getting Tuskegee Fighters

General discussion for CFS - the original European Air War Combat Flight Simulator

Thinking of getting Tuskegee Fighters

Postby dcunning30 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:27 pm

I am thinking of buying CFS1 so I can play Tuskegee Fighters.
Last edited by dcunning30 on Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS TASK FORCE 34 RR THE WORLD WONDERS
dcunning30
Major
Major

Re: Thinking of getting Tuskegee Fighters

Postby denishc » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:01 pm

CFS1 is worth getting by itself, and its at a good price ($10.00 US or so).  If your talking about Abacus' Tuskegee Fighters, the aircraft that come with the addon are alittle sparce, but the T-6 Texan is nice and, as I remember, the campaigns against the Me-262 were fun.
denishc
Captain
Captain

Postby james007 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:08 am

Dcunning30 I recommen you buy it if you want recreate the missions that fighter group flew during World war two.

They where build to recreate missions they flew at the time. There are only about twenty to twenty five missions in all. You also get to fly in a P51 and P40.

If your interested in
Last edited by james007 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
james007
Major
Major

Postby dcunning30 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:59 am

Duccuning30 did you know that there was a smaller group of Tuskegee pilots who fought in the Pacific war.

I never knew that.  Tell me about that.  I pretty much follow the Tuskegee Airmen, I've even been to Moton Field in Tuskegee Al, twice.  It's a shame the airfield is in such a state of disrepair.  Personally, I think it's a historical landmark, and should be treated as such.

BTW, I met Charles Lane Jr.  He lives in my town.
TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS TASK FORCE 34 RR THE WORLD WONDERS
dcunning30
Major
Major

Postby james007 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:52 am

Dccuning30 yes their was a group of Taskegee pilots who flew and fought in the Pacific Theater.

How do I now, because I knew one personaly. He used to be my tenant. I use to own a small little pretty house which my wife and I planned to live in when we first got married.

Well we changed our mind and rent it out instead. A Black couple from Detroit came down and rented it from us.

They turn out be one of the niciest people I ever meet. They always paid their rent on time and had a good story for us when ever we whent down to their house.

One day we where talking when the conversion turn to planes. Thats when he told he use to fly P47. I ask him when and where did he flew the P47. thats when I found out he flew with the Tuskegee group.

What really blew me away was when he told me he had flown in the Pacific Theater instead of the European Theater.

He told me that Macarthur was bias and made sure that
Last edited by james007 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
james007
Major
Major

Postby dcunning30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:25 am

Cool, thanks!

RE: Your comment about MacArthur, I'm good with that.  I like to study history, and particularily military history.  I don't get weird about stuff like that.  That's just the way it was back then.  Anyway, I'll look into Arthur Walker.  And, BTW that does make sense, especially with MacArthur's doctrine of "Hit 'em where they aint!".  Alot of Japanese positions were bypassed, so there was alot of mopping up that needed to be done.
dcunning30
Major
Major

Return to Combat Flight Simulator