First Flight

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

First Flight

Postby New Light » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Alright! My PC proved itself, Daube helped me dial my scenery and textures in, and I'm ready to start training again! I finally had a chance to "fly" my A2A Simulations C172 that I bought for Christmas. The "flight" was from Hammond, LA (KHDC) to Mobile, AL (KMOB) via the Hammond-Picayune-Semmes VORs. I did cheat a little bit by using clear skies while I learned how to work the radio stack - which is extremely nice!

Cleared to land, runway 32, Mobile Regional (KMOB), AL, USA

A2A Cessna 172 R Skyhawk + AccuSim
Aircraft repaint by Tim Scharnhop (Downloaded from A2A website)
OrbX FTX Global, Vector, Open LC NA, Trees HD

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: First Flight

Postby Daube » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Looking good !
I had the A2A 172 in the past, for FSX. But I didn't update it (=buy again) when I switched to P3D, because I didn't like it, despite its realism.
I preferred their Cherokee, which was more satisfying to me, somehow.
One thing I remember clearly is how hard it became to start the engine, once it was getting old. I often used too much fuel pump, flooding the engine. :doh:
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby New Light » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Thanks to you!

Yeah, I'm having trouble on the ground too. I'm not getting good at being able to pick out the right engine sound(s) while taxiing, but I am getting really good at clearing the fouled plugs though. My taxiing is atrocious in the Cherokee and the Skyhawk. I haven't tried to handle the 182 yet - that ought to be a load of laughs for everyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't blame you for not repurchasing every time a new sim version comes out. It's understandable from the perspective of the developer that has to put more work into a patch, but to ask full price every time is drag on the consumer - especially at that price.

Best wishes and thanks again!

Dave
New Light
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Nice shot Dave... :clap:

Some very interesting information in this post...thanks... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase