2 Jets

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

2 Jets

Postby Dave T » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Alpha EA-6B Prowler
and the Iris Vulcan
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: 2 Jets

Postby Flying Trucker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Two very nice shots Dave... :clap:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flacke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:16 pm

If you have EVER watched and heard a
Vulcan doing high-power very low-level 60 degree banked turns overhead you will never forget it. What a soul stirring aircraft.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby FabioL » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 am

+1

I completely and utterly agree, what an iconic aircraft this is!

The "howling" from the engine intakes is hair raisingly primeval and the Earth shattering roar from the engines is an unforgettably guttural and soul wrenching experience.

You'll not understand any of this from a YouTube video, you need to have witnessed this first hand.

Long may the unmatched aeronautical fear of the Vulcan live on.
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am

Nice job sir, like em both. :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The Vulcan does indeed sound wonderful, Iris have captured the howl pretty well. 8-) But for me the the Victor will always be my favourite V Bomber it just looks so dammed sinister. :) :) I also like the Prowler and her stable mate the Intruder both long lived and more than capable of doing the business. 8-)

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:03 pm

I had the luck of seeing the Vulcan in Duxford some years ago. Unforgettable.

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Flacke » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:42 pm

FabioL wrote:+1

I completely and utterly agree, what an iconic aircraft this is!

The "howling" from the engine intakes is hair raisingly primeval and the Earth shattering roar from the engines is an unforgettably guttural and soul wrenching experience.

You'll not understand any of this from a YouTube video, you need to have witnessed this first hand.

Long may the unmatched aeronautical fear of the Vulcan live on.

You could'nt have described it better! your words show that you have been there and experienced the mighty Vulcan up close. I wish that I could see it fly one more time because as you so clearly stated you need to be there live to get the full guttural effect of the Vulcan.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby FabioL » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Although it shows my age, I am lucky enough to say that I've seen the Vulcan many times, this starting as young bystander at Biggin Hill Airshow all the way through to seeing it fly these last few years.

The ground shook when the pilot stood it on end to then climb vertically upwards directly over the 03 numbers at EGKB, and the noise thus inscribed itself into our collective memories.

The picture of the Vulcan above actually captures its spirit nicely, but I fear that the noise is quite un-capturable, until that is it permeates and then etches itself into the very membranes of ones soul....

I've not had a steady hand since!
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ShaneG » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I love that Prowler! Fantastic shot!! :shock:

May have to give that one a try!
ShaneG
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:29 pm

FabioL wrote:Although it shows my age, I am lucky enough to say that I've seen the Vulcan many times, this starting as young bystander at Biggin Hill Airshow all the way through to seeing it fly these last few years.

The ground shook when the pilot stood it on end to then climb vertically upwards directly over the 03 numbers at EGKB, and the noise thus inscribed itself into our collective memories.

The picture of the Vulcan above actually captures its spirit nicely, but I fear that the noise is quite un-capturable, until that is it permeates and then etches itself into the very membranes of ones soul....

Yes, me too. I just love the way that you use chosen words to clearly describe the sights, sounds , and memories of the Vulcan. I think that the very distinctive sound of those big blasting engines could be caused by the exhaust gases going supersonic just as they leave the tailpipes!
And don't feel bad about revealing your mature age and experience. There are many great people in here who are of the same era as you...........I mean, us.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby FabioL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 am

Absolutely, I try never to act my age, and generally speaking I succeed, LOL!
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:19 am

Thanks for the replies, the Vulcan along with the Victor and Lightning are some of my favourite aircraft in RL and the sim world. Glad that I got to see all of these aircraft and Concorde in flight at various airshows throughout the 80's-90's and the Vulcan at Waddington 2013.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby FabioL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 am

About the Victor, have any of you seen the following clip of a relatively recent accidental takeoff?...

https://youtu.be/TGjPu6DPzWU
FabioL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 am

FabioL wrote:About the Victor, have any of you seen the following clip of a relatively recent accidental takeoff?...

https://youtu.be/TGjPu6DPzWU

She really wanted to fly, hands up everyone who wished she had done a full circuit. :pray: 8-) :D

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase