Missed Approaches

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

Missed Approaches

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 am

Good morning all... <<q

Still practicing camera settings...Just when you think you have a great shot...simulated aircraft or weather throws you off... :o ... :lol:
Perhaps I need to cut back on Turbulence Settings in REX Plus Overdrive or ORBX I think...aircraft was up and down like a yo yo... :lol:

Practicing Different Instrument Approaches, Missed Approaches, Back course and Night Flying...

Windows 10 and Microsoft FSX Deluxe + Acceleration
FSWC...Flight Simulator Water Configurator
REX Plus Overdrive
ORBX Scenery...(Ontario I don't think is available yet)
Airport...CYGK...Kingston Ontario, Canada
Carenado Piper PA 34 Seneca

Comments and Advice most welcome... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Missed Approaches

Postby Daube » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 am

Hi Doug,

Viewing the shots from the office, my screen is too dark or the place too bright, so I cannot see the content of your screenshots very well.
So these will be "limited" comments for now ;) I will not comment at all on the brightness or colors of your screenshots, just on the composition and angles of view.

Shot 1:
It's a very nice shot I have to say. Both the angle of view of the aircraft and the position of the aicraft on the screen are quite good, offering a nice view of the scenery in front and below.
You might have taken the screenshot a bit too soon though. The same exact screenshot, taken a bit later, when you are reaching the city lights, would have prevented the empty black area under your plane. :)
As an alternative, don't hesitate to get closer to the plane. Again this is a gorgeous model, close shots are never going to be a problem with such a quality model ;) (and it's a good way to fill an empty part of picture)

Shot 2:
I love cockpit shots :)
I would advise you to experiment a bit with the camera position. Try putting it a little bit closer to the left side window, and orentate the camera a bit more to the right so that you can still see the full dashboard. Play around with the height of the camera as well. See if you can get some kind of "side camera" screenshot, as if it were taken by some fixed camera placed inside a real aircraft. Do that while keeping the destination airport visible, of course ;)
Ad try it as well from other positions. Be carefull though, empty seats are scary. Keep this in mind when you try an angle of view :D

Shot 3, 4 and 5:
The angles of view are not bad but the surrounding scenery is not rich enough to make the screenshot interesting. It would probably be the same problem by day time. For shots 3 and 4 the angle of view are both very nice, and very useful to show the surrounding scenery. But in your shots, the surrounding scenery is empty. I would suggest you to reuse these angles when flying over a nice-looking airfield, one of the very detailled ones by OrbX for example (including the default ones included in their regions). The shot 5 is the weakest one. It suffers from the comparison with your other shots in fact ;)

Doug, if I understand correctly, you have bought and OrbX region, right ? IF this is PNW, then I would suggest you to download from OrbX the freeware KHQM Bowerman airport. It will provide an excellent base to practise your screenshot skills ;)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Missed Approaches

Postby Flying Trucker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks for the quick reply Stephane...much appreciated... <<q

Make it a Great Day... :clap:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase