Canso...Oh Stephane

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

Canso...Oh Stephane

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Good evening everyone... <<q

Had a little time so started to experiment with some advice Stephane gave me...

Yes...you are ALL right...think I blew it.

Tried the:
CTRL +Shift +Enter / Backspace
Not sure it worked the way it was supposed too...

When using the "A" Key I could use the Numbers Lock and the + & - would work to zoom IN and OUT

Could not get the + & _ to work with this sequence
CTRL +Shift +Enter / Backspace
These shots I believe are taken using the CTRL +Shift +Enter / Backspace but not quite sure.

Also still having problems getting FSX to Accept the Plan-G Format...tried several times to EXPORT IT...might just be me...shall keep trying

Now for the pictures...HMMM :think:

Windows 10 & FSX Deluxe + Acceleration

Take Off Run...bringing power up slowly to level wings and lift starboard float/outrigger

Setting Rate of Climb & Power Reduction

Now here is a shot I questioned on taking:
Saying goodbye & bringing her around to set course
Could not get the + & - Keys to zoom in or out...think Stephane is going to say shot is too far out... :lol:

Copilot is wearing the International Orange Flight Suit common amongst SAR (Search and Rescue Crews)

On Course...shot is taken by using the Menu when hitting the ALT Key "Tail Position"

Comments and Advice most welcome... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Canso...Oh Stephane

Postby Daube » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:30 am

The shot is too far out :P
:D

Hi Doug !

It's actually a bit of my fault, I should have told you that these moving camera commands are VERY slow. It's like you have to maintain the keys pressed for several seconds for the camera to move by one meter :oops:
But basically, you're on the correct path here. The secret will be to find some suitable views (with A key) as a starting point, then try to move the camera position AND orientation.
The key combos are:
CTRL+ENTER
CTRL+BACKSPACE
SHIFT+ENTER
SHIFT+BACKSPACE
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE

This is to move the camera slowly. I'd recommend you to try it first in the cockpit, the movements will be more noticable, and it will be easier to understand which key combo does what.
I would also recommend you to try with a smaller airplane, for which the external cameras are not set too far away. It will be easier to move the camera around a Beaver than around 747 ;)
Again, this is just to testing/learning. Once you master these commands, feel free to try them with any kind of plane ;)

The commands to increase/reduce the camera distance are CTRL+'+' and CTRL+'-' if I'm not mistaken. More precisely, CTRL+'selection increase' and CTRL+'selection decrease'.
It could be that these commands are not set properly in your sim. For example, in France, it's a mess and the "selection decrease" command is left blank by default...
This command works only with external view, and perhaps only with the traditional "fixed spot" and "spot" views, I'm not too sure anymore.
When I use the "special" external views ("tail", "right wing" etc...), I only use the key combos listed at the beginning of my reply.

Now, concerning your shots in general, you guessed right that they are a bit too far out. However, depending on the view angle, this might not be a problem at all. But in your case, the plane is still more or less in the center of the shot, making them less original ;)
The front shot is quite cool though, nothing wrong about that one 8-)
The last shot is not bad either. I recommend using that angle when banking slightly (not exaggerated), and when flying about sea of clouds for example.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:25 am

Much appreciated Stephane... :clap:

Will have another go with another aircraft using same Flight Plan.
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SpaceHippy1975 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:40 am

Hi All,

Just my tuppence on this.

One thing I've noticed that has cropped up in FSX & has also happened in P3D.
When you're trying to zoom in & out nothing happens (either in cockpit view or outside view) I press this key: [ (this will normally bring up a smaller view/tile onto the screen, you'll need to press the opposite one ] to get rid of the tile)

This tends to rectify the lack of zoom when I need to.

Keith.
Flying: MSFS 2020 & P3D v5 ~ Given up on X-Plane 11
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 - 6700K CPU @ 4.5GHz,
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard,
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB GPU,
Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM,
Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ Monitor,
Bose Companion 2 Series III Speakers,
Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S & CH Rudder Pedals.
SpaceHippy1975
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Actually all you have to do is to shift the 'focus' back to your main window by clicking anywhere on the window. Then using '+' and '-' to zoom in/out will work.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Flying Trucker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks for the info on zooming in and out gentlemen...much appreciated...
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase