SSW Airbus 310

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

SSW Airbus 310

Postby Nexus » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:45 pm

Here's some shots of their A310

Climbing out of Schiphol

There are 2 different 2d panels, the "big" main view, and the "landing" view, here below

Virtual cockpit view, notice the nice glass reflections :)

One of the 2(!) overhead panels, most buttons are clickable. The IRS (inertial reference system) is shown on the upper left, and you need to fill out the correct co-ordinates of your departure gate or else the PFD/ND will of course be blank (See last shot). Adds very much to realism!  :)

Same VC view as before, but now during the approach

The visual model is average, not great nor poor. It does its job. I don't care that much since the aircraft is LOADED with technology on the inside  :)

Now this night lit panel is the best I've EVER seen, just incredible. Aircraft is powered by GPU, engines and nav systems are off.

Random thought:Overall, this product is very good, and it offers some of the most advanced FS features ever modelled on an aircraft. Thanks to my previous experience with similiar "immersive" aircrafts, I got the bird up and flying in less than 30 minutes  ;D.... ::)

Big plus to the IRS, the comprehensive FMC,  and the panel quality. Though it's packed with features, it's not overly demanding for your computer, had my FPS locked at stable 30 all the way (with 4xFSAA/8X AF).
One thing that bothered me abit, is that the aircraft feels slippery when flying manually, it's way too sensitive...had to decrease my joystick sensitivity to get a good feeling  :)

In conclusion, I'll always be a Boeing-guy, but this old airbus (designed in early 80's)  has some charming upsides, which some of the new modern, all-glass cockpit-airplanes lack  :)

PS. I 'm not sure of how to fly the A310 100% properly (Boeing guy, remember  ;D) , so advices are welcomed. But I think I got the most parts right!
8)

Aircraft can purchased here:
www.simsoftworkshop.com
Nexus
Major
Major

Re: SSW Airbus 310

Postby EricK » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:36 pm

That VC is absolutely amazing!
Eric
SYSTEM-Alienware Area 51,Intel P4 3.2ghz,Asus P4C800E,Corsair 1gb DDR,Seagate 120gb HD,Geforce FX 5950 Ultra 256mb,Audigy 2 zs 7.1,17
EricK
Captain
Captain

Postby jrpilot » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:27 pm

Nice interior kind of like the  PSS Airbus....great panel none the less
jrpilot
Major
Major

Postby Lethal.Ambition » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:40 pm

I like that airbus! I was looking for one will check it out later.

Great shots I think that night panel is stupendous.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate as long as they fear.
Proud member of the =XE= Xtreme Eagles
Oderint Dum Metuant
Lethal.Ambition
Major
Major

Postby Tchkinjiu » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:55 pm

Incredibly nice plane, and even more so on the panel.  Completly agree on the night lit panel. Too bad the upper portion isn't lit.  :-[ That's probably how it is, so I won't complain. Is that airport default, because the taxiway looks better than mine.  ::)
"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
Tchkinjiu
Major
Major

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase