Insane realism

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

Re: Insane realism

Postby Viktor_Z » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:11 pm

[quote]I don't think Megascenery is something you can truely appreciate unless you live in, or are extremely familiar with the area.
Viktor_Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Sorry I have been away guys, New York just got hit with a monster blizzard and I have been at work and home sleeping since I posted this.

This is a payware addon scenery, Thats a screen shot I took from their website, though I still think my PC can handle that level of detail with ease. I had to share this with everyone when I saw it. It blew me away and when I saw the video at the site, I just said I have to get this! I can't wait until they make a NEW YORK version!

Has anyone actually gone to the website and seen the video and how detailed it looks. At one point it looks like a live video and not a game!  :o
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:06 pm

Oh BTW Thank you Birdman for whatever it was you did to get my pic to come out!  ;D

Hey Silver and Joe D and Silent exploder

Joe D I know you got the demo, can you give me a little more insight of what you found to be wrong with it!

Silver are you using the current versions of Megascenery  :o How is it working out for you?

Silent Exploder I was on Avsim and was checking out that freeware scenery and wasn't too impressed with the way it looks. I saw an actual video of the scenery effect in action! It looks great and whats $40 bucks? I pay $130 for a moving violation Ticket here in NY. (THEY SAY NEW YORK is in a budget crisis)

I don't know about everyone elses opinion about Mega Scenery. But when I fly I usually stay in a specific area, I only went Intercontinental once (A flight from JFK New York to Chorlette Amalie in St.thomas (my homeland)) I sat for the whole 3 hour flight! My butt hurts!  :-[ So for me now I just like to pick certain areas to fly in and just go up and take a tour of the area! If Mega Scenery is going to make an area look ultra detailed I am there!
Its only in your mind, strong mind, strong soul and nobody can take that from you!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby Silver1SWA » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:23 pm

[quote]Silver are you using the current versions of Megascenery
Last edited by Silver1SWA on Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P4 3.20Ghz 800Mhz FSB
1 GB PC3200 400Mhz DDR RAM (Dual Channel)
Nvidia GeForce 6800GT 256MB 8X AGP
SB Audigy MP3+
Win XP Pro
Silver1SWA
Captain
Captain

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:06 pm

Thanks for the reply silver, I will definately look into investing california area. I do some flying in that area sometimes. I like the flight from SanFran to Los Angelos LAX Intl. I like flying around San Fran. I don't like the Default La area. Once you clear the mountains on approach to LAX its seems like all of California is a desert with the exceptions of a few airports all over the place.
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby Silver1SWA » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:56 am

Yeah the default LA area is very boring.  Since its such a heavily populated area, the default textures are so redundant that it just looks like some huge light brownish carpet layed across all of southern California.
P4 3.20Ghz 800Mhz FSB
1 GB PC3200 400Mhz DDR RAM (Dual Channel)
Nvidia GeForce 6800GT 256MB 8X AGP
SB Audigy MP3+
Win XP Pro
Silver1SWA
Captain
Captain

Postby Viktor_Z » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:29 pm

[quote]Yeah the default LA area is very boring.
Viktor_Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby IanR » Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:17 pm

Silver1SWA

Spot on with your comment - if I saw scenery for my area in Scotland I would be right in there - elsewhere, although I might admire, I would not buy.

I do not have any hang ups on paying for good s/ware products - its just that there are soooooo many and one has to curtail it.

regard

IanR
Athlon XP2000 (1.6gHz) - XP Home SP 1 - VIA Chipset - 750 mB ddram - HDD1 = 40gB HDD2 = 120 gB - GForce FX 5600 256 mB - NEC XE17 - Saitek X45 - ED Glasses
IanR
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jubjub47 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:49 pm

Megascenery doesn't really have any hit on the framerates.  It's a very easy going addon.  All that you are seeing is a redone ground texture.  The cpu usage is really minimum, in fact when you install it turns the texture settings down as it's not a really consuming texture.
jubjub47
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:23 pm

PC Aviator just announced a release date of January 4, for MegaScenery 2 : New York! At first the title alone made me want to go out and buy it! But the screenshots weren't as impressive and the LA and Sandieago area. Simply put it looks like the default scenery with little or no real improvements. I will have to see if they release a video click of the New york area in use before I go buy this.
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby bm » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:47 am

Spot on with your comment - if I saw scenery for my area in Scotland I would be right in there - elsewhere, although I might admire, I would not buy.

I think IanR sums it up there, it looks delicious but I never fly there so I won't get it. Would be nice if they did one for England! (seeing as we one the Rugby world cup ::))
bm
Major
Major

Postby SabreHawk » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:59 am

:DWell darnit Mav, ya got me lickin my chops for this! ;D
But I geuss ya gotta get me back for droolin ya with my FD3 thread. 8)

Well I geuss im gonna have to jump on the bandwagon, and go for it, especially now tha I've got another of Flight 1's products........the Cessna 310 Twin! And what a beauty she is and with the text-o-matic pepaint installer utility, config-o-matic as well. Im lovin this babe!
So I know they got the good stuff! :P
Here's a shot or two of my 310 :
At Oxnard:
In flight over Cali.
At my enhanced Pancho's airstrip
As the "Songbird" at the Flying Crown Ranch(Sky King)
"Out of the clear blue of the western skies comes.......Sky King!" 8)

[center]
SabreHawk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:05 pm

it's just like silver said

You can't apreciate Mega Scenery unless you live in the particular area it is created for. That is why I am outraged at MegaScenery 2: New York. I posted some screen shots in a thread and from what you can see, they very much suck and this is coming from someone who lives in New York.

I thought this thing is suppose to have extreme detail. How extreme can this be and you can't even see the FDR or Harlem river drive in manhattan. They don't even have the Projects that make up New York. Hell the Tower at LaGuardia is Missing! I don't think MSNY is going to be landing anywhere on my PC.
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby A/SGT.Mav316 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:10 pm

I had to share this with everyone when I saw it. It blew me away and when I saw the video at the site, I just said I have to get this! I can't wait until they make a NEW YORK version!

I remember when I said this and now I am disappointed at what they created!
A/SGT.Mav316
Major
Major

Postby SabreHawk » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:24 pm

Know what ya mean Mav, but im afraid that there's just only so much that can be done in a $50 flight simulator in a $1200 computer, heck even a $5000 machine.
The only way to get the sheer amount of scenery that New York has is in one of those 12milion dollar simulators that the airlines & the airforce have.

But well yeah jeez, if a tower is missing that's pretty bad though. Heh, the I-90 bridge in FS is missing the part that extends from Mercer I. to the shore of lake Washington in Fs2004, but it was there in 2002, weird. ::)

[center]
SabreHawk
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase