Swamping in the Stoneboat

Showcasing specific payware addon products. This forum is where the aim of the shot is payware products. Please upload images to Simviation before posting

Swamping in the Stoneboat

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 am

Goodly morning all... <<q

Heading off to the Bugsmasher Field later so thought I had better post these few shots prior to leaving...

Microsoft FSX Deluxe + Acceleration and Windows 10
Orbx Scenery
REX + Overdrive
FSWC...Flight Simulator Water Configurator
Virtualcol DeHavilland of Canada DHC-3 P & W R1340 Radial Engine

Seems I am missing the last update and I can't find it for the Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter.
It replaces the switch for Carburetor Heat with a Lever as in the real aircraft.
Can't remember if there were any other fixes or not... :think:

Have not purchased the Just Flight DHC-3 Otter as I am waiting to see if they bring out a package with the PT6A Turbine attached to the airframe to give both the Radial and Turbine Engine Configurations to the simulated aircraft.

Comments and Advice most Welcome... ;)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Swamping in the Stoneboat

Postby Fozzer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:48 am

Advice?....

...keep away from all that white stuff! ... ;) ....

It will freeze your; "carburettors" off! .... :lol: ....!

We Brits will be suffering from it very soon, as the year is coming to an end!

(I hate the Winter months).

Nice Pics, Doug!.... :D ...!

Paul ... :mrgreen: ....!

P.S. My Canadian motorcycling Chums will soon be parking their Bikes up for the Winter!...LOTS of snow...and Ice!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks for the comments Paul.

On our way to the bugsmasher field with a Basket of Food for the Pot Luck Supper.

It is almost 70 Degrees here Paul...nice and sunny. No wind to speak of off the Bay.

It has been a pleasant Autumn/Fall and the leaves are late changing colors.
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Flying Trucker wrote:Thanks for the comments Paul.

On our way to the bugsmasher field with a Basket of Food for the Pot Luck Supper.

It is almost 70 Degrees here Paul...nice and sunny. No wind to speak of off the Bay.

It has been a pleasant Autumn/Fall and the leaves are late changing colours.

..... :o ....!

Blimey, Doug!

I could never imagine it being 70F in "Ice Road Trucker" Country!.... ;) ....!

It's a measly 45<50F here in late October England, and getting far too cold for my old bones (on my motorcycle)!

You Canadians are a hardy lot...(you have to be!)... :lol: ...!

Paul....Watching out for wet leaves on the road!... 8-) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Fine set of shots Doug, No1 gets my vote, very nicely composed :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: . I've got to ask, what/where is Bugsmasher Field. :think:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks again Paul... :clap:

We want people to THINK Canada is a land of only Ice And Snow...

We all wear red flannel underwear all year long...

Our inland water is frozen over ten months of the year...

We don't have indoor plumbing and use outhouses...some of us middle class have two holers... :lol:

This helps to keep people out of the country... :dance:

Don't tell anyone Paul but it is only going up too 23 Degrees Celsius today... ;)
Last edited by Flying Trucker on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:36 am

Good morning Rich... ;)

The Old Girl and I are Members of two Flying Clubs and have been since the 50s...

There are about four Flying Clubs less than a hours drive from us we visit weekly...

No longer on the Board or holding any Office in any Club now we still attend the General Meetings monthly and Participate in most Functions.

We have both let our Medicals Expire several years ago and constantly (4 or 5 times a month) aviate with family and friends.

I refer to all small non commercial/military airfields as Bugsmasher Fields whether they have one or two grass or hard surface runways.

I also refer to all "OFF" (Ontario Flying Farmers) airstrips as Bugsmasher Fields also.

Non High Performance Aircraft like the Cessna Thrifty 150 or C152 Aerobat, Cessna 120s and 140s, Cessna 172, Piper J3 Cub and Super Cub along with a few other Pipers, Aerocoupes, Fleets and many DeHavilland Models like the DHC-1 Chipmunk and Tiger Moth I refer to as Bugsmashers.
They fly low and slow and you are forever cleaning the dead bugs off the windscreen upon landing.

Some added information:
Swamping....a term used by many Float and Seaplane Aviators to describe Aviating Off Water at either a Water Aerodrome or your own personal cottage or home.
Stoneboat...a sled pulled behind a team of horses or tractor to carry stones...etc...to clear a field...hence the DHC-3 "Otter" is affectionately known to many of us as a Stoneboat as she will carry just about anything...the only thing that can replace an Otter Aircraft is another Otter Aircraft... ;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 am

Sorry Paul...should have added this...

23 Degrees Celsius is 73.4 Degrees Fahrenheit

;)
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am

Flying Trucker wrote:Sorry Paul...should have added this...

23 Degrees Celsius is 73.4 Degrees Fahrenheit

;)

Never fear, Doug...

Like our good Queen Victoria.... :pray: ....

...and all of my American Chums..... :drool: ....

I still use; "Farenheit"....and the rest of the; "Imperial"; measurement stuff..... :dance: ....!

I'm from the "Old School"..... ;) ....!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!

P.S...I also refer to our coin as a "Penny" (Pence)...and not a "Pee"..... ;) ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Cheers Doug, I had the feeling that was going to be the answer but it never hurts to ask.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Return to Payware Screenshot Showcase