FS 2004 Editing

Let loose your artistic flair! No Rules except please keep shots within 380K & 2000 pixels wide.

FS 2004 Editing

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:18 pm

This I program before any flight, focusing on the shot aircraft visibility. In many flights I have found the weather setting building storms to be my universal preference. Sometimes when FLYiNG SOW & SLOW the contrast between subject & background becomes lost. Some examples in a Lysander at USAAF Earls Colne 1944 scenery, FS 2004:

Weather: Building Storms (visibility: 20 miles / 32 Km)
Here it's background details that get drowned in details. Compare below, with reduced visibility the B-26's & military vehicles are more present.

Weather Custom Visibility: 3 miles (4.8 Km)

Weather: Clear Day (visibility: unlimited)
One Lysander Wheel is rolling on the horizon :doh:

Weather: Building Storms (visibility: 20 miles / 32 Km)
The Wheel has separated from distance; but with NO HORiZON (below shot), the Lysander is really flying :clap: :clap: :clap:

Weather Custom Visibility: 3 miles (4.8 Km)

Some times objects on the ground are interesting, but the aircraft looses background contrast.

So I decrease Weather Custom Visibility to 3/4 of a mile (1.2 Km) to separate the Lysander from the ground, to "give her air" :clap: :clap: :clap:
<<q <<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Re: FS 2004 Editing

Postby Fozzer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 am

It's a fact that FS 2004 is very versatile in what can be accomplished with all the plethora of freeware and payware add-ons available for it!

..and it's very frame rate friendly for low-end computer systems! ... :dance: ...!

The invention of "Autogen" scenery was the big game-saver!

My main reason to concentrate on my FSX rather than my FS 2004, is that its inclusion of moving "traffic", vehicles, ships, etc...in the Sim!

It brings it more to; "life"!

But BOTH FS 2004 and FSX is always available on my Desktop!

FS 2004 is far from dead...a masterpiece by Microsoft! ... :D ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby yancovitch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:23 pm

interesting info.............love the lysander.....the bouncy lysander......have you figured out the technique to land that thing smoothly?....haha i haven't.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby yancovitch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:45 am

oh....and thanks for the weather samples...great idea.....
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Don't know if you are bragging or complaining but the 'visibility' layer's BOTTOM (altitude) can be adjusted where you can be at 3000 ft and it will be clear if you set the BOTTOM altitude to 4000 ft. This will also keep the clouds out of the valleys in hilly terrain too. And of course 'Time of Day' will give different 'look' too. You (me?) can play with weather (especially 'visibility') all day long.
Chuck B
Napamule
Edit: To not bounce the Lysander you need to input up pitch trim and make a 3 pt landing at 'almost' stall speed. Not using pitch trim makes the 3 pt landing almost impossible as just using elevator to hold nose high has proven to be 'rough' where pitch trim allows for 'fine' attitude without any other 'input' required. The same goes for carrier landings.
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm

thank you for that......cheers.............
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Roypcox » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 am

I have always enjoyed flying the Lysander on FSX Steam. It has one of the shorts take off roll and landing roll of any plane that size. Thanks for your post. roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby aussiewannabe » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Fozzer wrote:My main reason to concentrate on my FSX rather than my FS 2004, is that its inclusion of moving "traffic", vehicles, ships, etc...in the Sim!

It brings it more to; "life"!

Paul, while I am currently without a computer, I miss the moving traffic in FS2004 addons such as Frankfurt or Hamburg International, as I would buzz them in the hopes that the imaginary drivers would spill their hot coffee in their lap/crotch area <<s
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Return to Edited Screenshots