U-2 info source suggestions

Discussion on Specific Aircraft Types. Close up photos particularly welcome. Please keep ON TOPIC :)

U-2 info source suggestions

Postby wifesaysno » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Hello gents,
Today I was assigned a project to compile a complete performance report of the U-2 cover all phases of flight: take off, landing, climb, turning, cruise, etc.

For this I will undoubtedly require some specs. I would like to know if there is a book or site out there that has some specifics like airfoil, root chord, tip chord, CG locations, MAC data, etc....if possible..

My professor picked the U-2 and is being very relaxed on the level of detail but I would like to get as detailed as possible.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Re: U-2 info source suggestions

Postby ftldave » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 am

Remembering the Dragon Lady: Memoirs of the Men Who Experienced the Legend of the U-2 Spy Plane by Gerald McIlmoyle and Linda R. Bromley, 400 pages, ISBN 978-1907677205

Certainly the most fascinating book I've ever read about the U-2. And I think it's available as an e-book, too.
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Remembering the Dragon Lady: Memoirs of the Men Who Experienced the Legend of the U-2 Spy Plane by Gerald McIlmoyle and Linda R. Bromley, 400 pages, ISBN 978-1907677205

Certainly the most fascinating book I've ever read about the U-2. And I think it's available as an e-book, too.

What kind of technical info does it have? Both on dimensions and performance.

I would like a few specific confirmed performance data points to compare my results with.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby ftldave » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I read that one from an inter-library loan, no longer have it in hand.

If spec's are your chief interest, this one is considered the U-2 encyclopedia for facts:

50 Years of the U-2: The Complete Illustrated History of Lockheeds Legendary Dragon Lady by Chris Pocock, ISBN 978-0764323461
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Specific Aircraft Types