B-26C Marketeer "Sexy Sue" at Chicago Executive

Discussion on Specific Aircraft Types. Close up photos particularly welcome. Please keep ON TOPIC :)

B-26C Marketeer "Sexy Sue" at Chicago Executive

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm

My dad's latest flight took him to Chicago where he got wind of "some big twin radial with a mid set wing was sitting in the hanger over there"...he promptly ran over and sure enough, it was this fine B-26C!

He quickly sent these 2 pictures to me and called me giddy as a school boy!
Pardon the graphic nature of the nose art.....and the bald guy grinning  ;D

Some other pictures (not from my dad)
http://vectaris.net/id654.html

Her history:
http://vectaris.net/id665.html

My dad said to get to the cockpit he had to crawl through a 30" high by 20" wide tunnel! He asked the pilot/maintainer about how loud it is at cruise, apparently those twin radials at cruise are quieter than a King Air  8-).....naturally the purr of radials is better than the whine of a turbine  ;)
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Re: B-26C Marketeer "Sexy Sue" at Chicago Executive

Postby wifesaysno » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm

If anyone is curious about trying an Invader or its kin (like the Marketeer) out, SOH has it, this will give you a start:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... hp?catid=6

To clarify, the Marketeer is an executive version of the Invader, not to many of these conversions were made as the makers, On Mark at Van Nuys got caught up making B-26Ks for use in the Vietnam War.

You can have your King Air, Ill take a Marketeer any day!  8-)
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 am

Wow, viewable nipples on an American aircraft, no scratch that, in America ;D ;D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 am

Nice set Adam...thanks for posting them... :)
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wifesaysno » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am

Wow, viewable nipples on an American aircraft, no scratch that, in America ;D ;D

Matt

Yeah you see the look on my dad's face? Absolutely priceless!
It turns out a 50+ year old pilot acts the same way around a gorgeous airplane with gorgeous nose art as an 18yr old  ;D
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 am

Matt

Yeah you see the look on my dad's face? Absolutely priceless!
It turns out a 50+ year old pilot acts the same way around a gorgeous airplane with gorgeous nose art as an 18yr old
Last edited by expat on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Specific Aircraft Types