What is the price of fiddling with a masterpiece? Not even one sim that I could find...

Discussion on Specific Aircraft Types. Close up photos particularly welcome. Please keep ON TOPIC :)

What is the price of fiddling with a masterpiece? Not even one sim that I could find...

Postby multiprops » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:42 pm

The Basler, or if you prefer, the turbo-DC3. Maybe it is my mistake, but I could not find not even one of those as a sim-airplane. Now, I believe that doing sometghing so radical as messing with THE Douglas DC-3 it is kind of a heresy :) but... Well, I'v been reading about the work they do, and it is, of course, of very high quality AND keeps a lot of DC-3 airframes airworthy; to judge Basler's work it is behind the point here. Anyway, I must admit I prefer to see a DC3 with all the radials and the 3-blade proppelers... And I think it could be a lot of people that feels a bit like "an heresy" modifying a DC3... Do you guys suppose tght's the reason there is no Baslers for the FS's?
Superconstellations Are hot, or what? :)
multiprops
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: What is the price of fiddling with a masterpiece? Not even one sim that I could find...

Postby Jetranger » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Hummmm ~ Ummmm ,,, I dunno' about all the Turbo Stuff, but JUST FLIGHT offers a fairly decent DC-3 in a Box and Download version for which I just ordered both the DC-3 and the DC-6 Box version should be here shortly this week hopefully.  You might want to check and see what the DC 3 of JUST FLIGHTS exactly is one of their models might be Turbo'd ???  or go to my YOU TUBE channel and on the LEFT side of my profile page you'll see all kinds of web site links for lots of different flight sim aircraft and scenery, both FREEWARE and Payware - try searching thru those maybe ?? heres my YOU TUBE Channel ------} http://www.youtube.com/user/IFLYWINGS?feature=mhee
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: What is the price of fiddling with a masterpiece? Not even one sim that I could find...

Postby andy190 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Manfred Jahn is making a Basler BT-67 for FSX & FS9, it's in Beta testing now. The Turbo-Dak is different, it's got different engines on it but it's still based on the '3.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby multiprops » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm

[quote]Hummmm ~ Ummmm ,,, I dunno' about all the Turbo Stuff, but JUST FLIGHT offers a fairly decent DC-3 in a Box and Download version for which I just ordered both the DC-3 and the DC-6 Box version should be here shortly this week hopefully.
multiprops
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby multiprops » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Manfred Jahn is making a Basler BT-67 for FSX & FS9, it's in Beta testing now. The Turbo-Dak is different, it's got different engines on it but it's still based on the '3.

Manfred Jahn is making a Basler BT-67? Now that is something. If you dont mind me asking Andy, do You happen to know if the pit and interiors will be original or based in the "fsx standard" DC3?

It will be interesting to compare the BT-67 with the DC3, as I understand the flying dynamics must be completely different (different dimensions, power, weight etc...).

And, Andy, you happen to have some idea about someone who could put the good word for me to be one of those beta-testers?  ;)  ;)
multiprops
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby andy190 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:10 pm

You can find out more about it here:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63780

Manfred is making a new VC for this because the Basler
Last edited by andy190 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
andy190
Major
Major

Postby multiprops » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:11 pm

[quote]You can find out more about it here:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63780

Manfred is making a new VC for this because the Basler
Last edited by multiprops on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multiprops
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby C » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Now, I believe that doing sometghing so radical as messing with THE Douglas DC-3 it is kind of a heresy :)

They weren't the first to do it! British European Airways operated the RR Dart engined "Pionair" Dakota derivative in the 1950s. Looks far tidier than the Basler too. :)

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/9/3/7/2001739.jpg
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby multiprops » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Now, I believe that doing sometghing so radical as messing with THE Douglas DC-3 it is kind of a heresy :)

They weren't the first to do it! British European Airways operated the RR Dart engined "Pionair" Dakota derivative in the 1950s. Looks far tidier than the Basler too. :)

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/9/3/7/2001739.jpg

Well, hack my legs and call me shorty!
Last edited by multiprops on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multiprops
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby andy190 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for the info C. :)

andy190
Major
Major

Return to Specific Aircraft Types