Buy a private A380! Quick!

Discussion on Specific Aircraft Types. Close up photos particularly welcome. Please keep ON TOPIC :)

Buy a private A380! Quick!

Postby chornedsnorkack » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:09 am

See:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... chnik.html

Lufthansa Technik predicts demand for 3 to 5 private A380 frames. And they have an available outfitting slot for 2013...2014. However, since private A330s and A340s are selling like hot cakes, LT cannot hold the slot long. So, once again, hurry up.

Which month of 2014 is the plane due? And by which month of 2013 is the green frame needed?
chornedsnorkack
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Buy a private A380! Quick!

Postby expat » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:23 pm

See:

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... chnik.html

Lufthansa Technik predicts demand for 3 to 5 private A380 frames. And they have an available outfitting slot for 2013...2014. However, since private A330s and A340s are selling like hot cakes, LT cannot hold the slot long. So, once again, hurry up.

Which month of 2014 is the plane due? And by which month of 2013 is the green frame needed?

I know a couple of people who work in the VIP hanger (it's in Hamburg) . Once an aircraft is in the hanger, money talks. It is ready when the customer says it is finished. These dates are very, very lose and always move. I was told recently of a 747 that went in for a VIP job that was planed over a few months. The customer (read VERY rich Arabic Gent) kept changing things (a new wife did not like the first wife's "theme" and everything was ripped out and started again). As long as the $$$$$$$$$ keep arriving, in the VIP hanger the customer is ALWAYS right. The aircraft stayed just over two years before he his wife was happy ;D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sir_Crashalot » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:25 pm

If you buy an A380 as a private jet, you really have too much money...

Crash ;) (if you want to get rid of your money send me an e-mail...)
Sir_Crashalot

Postby JoBee » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby Sir_Crashalot » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Well, if I understand Expat's post correct, as long as you pay, Lufthansa will put some floats on it...

Crash ;)
Sir_Crashalot

Postby tcco94 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Id love to buy a private A380. Ive got a few hundred in my closet you think that will pay it off? ;)
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby ApplePie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Id love to buy a private A380. Ive got a few hundred in my closet you think that will pay it off? ;)

If you were talking about a few hundred million, that might pay it off. ;D
[center][url=http://www.mysimshots.net/photosearch.php?icao=&id=&airport=&aircraft=&country=&airline=&photographer=ApplePie&flightsim=&viewtype=&remarks=&page=&date=&order=views+desc][img]http://www.simviati
ApplePie
Major
Major

Postby expat » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Well, if I understand Expat's post correct, as long as you pay, Lufthansa will put some floats on it...

Crash ;)

With in reason than just about covers it. During a course with LH earlier this year we were shown a slide show of what is possible in the private/biz jet sector. Unbelievable comes to mind. One of the wierdest was a full king size bedroom sweat with a ornate glass window so the rich pervert owner could watch his wife/girlfriend/girlfriends in the shower from the comfort of his own bed :o ;D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Layne. » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 am

LOL What a perv! ;D

I would love to see a A380 on Ski's or Floats that would be quite hilarious, the C-130 did it so why not? HAHA
Except you'll be wanting insurance straight away if you want to land an A380 on water because your most likely going to sink

How many jet aircraft have floats? i can't think of any... :-?
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | 22" LED Monitor (1920x1080) | AMD Phenom II x4 970 Black Edition~3.5Ghz | 4gb RAM | ATI Radeon 6850 1gb | 1Tb HDD

[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1302666610.
Layne.
Major
Major

Postby chornedsnorkack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:04 am

How many jet aircraft have floats? i can't think of any... :-?

Neither can I.

There are VIP amphibious jets available, but the one offering, Be-200, is a flying boat not floatplane. If you want a really big and luxurious jet seaplane, I believe Saunders-Roe is supposed to build a really big jet after they complete their turboprop Princess.
chornedsnorkack
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:31 am

If you want a really big and luxurious jet seaplane, I believe Saunders-Roe is supposed to build a really big jet after they complete their turboprop Princess.

You might have a very long wait. Three Princess flying boats were built but only the first prototype ever flew. All three were scrapped many years ago & the Saunders-Roe company no longer exists.

The only example of a large jet-powered flying boat I can think of was the Martin Seamaster. http://www.aviation-history.com/martin/p6m.html

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mictheslik » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:16 pm

If you want a really big and luxurious jet seaplane, I believe Saunders-Roe is supposed to build a really big jet after they complete their turboprop Princess.

You might have a very long wait. Three Princess flying boats were built but only the first prototype ever flew. All three were scrapped many years ago & the Saunders-Roe company no longer exists.

The only example of a large jet-powered flying boat I can think of was the Martin Seamaster. http://www.aviation-history.com/martin/p6m.html

And the Be200 ;)

.mic
Last edited by Mictheslik on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image
Mictheslik
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby tcco94 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:55 pm

If you were talking about a few hundred million, that might pay it off. ;D

I read online maybe around $290 million...
I think I can find that much ill just have to dig around. ;) :D
tcco94
Major
Major

Return to Specific Aircraft Types