Ford Tri-motor

Discussion on Specific Aircraft Types. Close up photos particularly welcome. Please keep ON TOPIC :)

Ford Tri-motor

Postby Airshow_lover » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:59 pm

We've had one flying over our house for the last few days. Do you know how cool it is to look out your window and see a tri-motor fly past? So cool. ;D

We saw this thing flying every 15 minutes while we were in Oshkosh but it is still cool to watch! :D
C/SMSgt - Civil Air Patrol
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Re: Ford Tri-motor

Postby beaky » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:14 am

We've had one flying over our house for the last few days. Do you know how cool it is to look out your window and see a tri-motor fly past? So cool. ;D

We saw this thing flying every 15 minutes while we were in Oshkosh but it is still cool to watch! :D

Only thing cooler than that is looking out the window of the Tri-Motor in flight. ;D

If they're giving rides near you, go for it!! It's not expensive... I think i paid $20 at Airventure.
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ivan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Only thing cooler than that is looking out the window of the Tri-Motor in flight. ;D

If they're giving rides near you, go for it!! It's not expensive... I think i paid $20 at Airventure.

Even cooler... a FVIIb/3m in flight... as that trimotor is a cheap copy
Russian planes: IL-76 (all standard length ones),  Tu-154 and Il-62, Tu-134 and [url=http://an24.uw.hu/]An-24RV[/ur
Ivan
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Airshow_lover » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:06 pm

:o

If I had known that, I would have gotten a trip while I was there.

:(

While it was here, they were charging $50.....

:(
C/SMSgt - Civil Air Patrol
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Postby IcraveAkro » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:06 am

I flew in the EAA Tri-motor last year at Airventure and man, that thing is incredible. During the flight the co pilot had his elbow resting out of the window just like he was cruising down the highway in a pick up truck. Also I noticed that the pilot kept reaching up and behind him and it looked like he was spinning a small wheel, so I go home and get on FS9 and sure enough what the pilot was doing was adjusting the trim. This is not the first time that MSFS has solved my question of "what is going on".

Cheers,
Bill
"Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God"

-HIGH FLIGHT
By John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
September 3, 1941
IcraveAkro
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby beaky » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:37 am

rottydaddy  link=1158465553/0#1 date=1159193663 wrote:Only thing cooler than that is looking out the window of the Tri-Motor in flight. ;D

Even cooler... a FVIIb/3m in flight... as that trimotor is a cheap copy

Sure, the Fokker was first... but I'd hardly call the Ford a "cheap copy"...  ::)
beaky
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Specific Aircraft Types