The Magna Carta, 800 years last Feb 3rd

Discussions on History. Please keep on topic & friendly. Provocative & one sided political posts will be deleted.

Re: The Magna Carta, 800 years last Feb 3rd

Postby Steve M » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:17 am

I'm almost sorry I posted this topic.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:29 am

Steve M wrote:I'm almost sorry I posted this topic.

Never mind, Steve....and Webb....

Unfortunately, it sometimes happens. Don't give up.... ;) ..!

It encouraged me to Google "Magna Carta" again....and refresh my memory again from my School Days!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta

Paul....always in need of a memory refreshment... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jcj78 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:01 pm

OldAirmail wrote:Image

Hahahaha. Yeah. You mad.

Now, we've been over this before, but in light of your early onset dementia, I'll repeat myself, seeing as you're too senile to remember:

I eat gruff old billy goats. If you think that makes me a troll, so be it. Being one who deals in reciprocity, that's exactly what I think of you and that wrinkly old proto-fascist Webb. I'll add that if you took the attitude with me in person that you've taken here, your discount dentures would get knocked out of your mouth so hard you wouldn't get them to go back in correctly. True story. Why don't you cry about that one for a while, grandpa, after you get thru grieving that you're an ex-pat to a place that doesn't exist anymore and no one but you and your White Citizens Council cohorts are sad to see it go, and before you start grieving about the 8 years of HRC as POTUS you have to look forward to.

Webb wrote:King Obama doesn't seem to understand it.

There's your troll, bitch.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got a bridge to attend to.
Last edited by jcj78 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jcj78 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Steve M wrote:I'm almost sorry I posted this topic.

I appreciate it. I would've let the anniversary slip right by unnoticed. I won't be going to London to see the copies on display, but maybe they'll bring them here sometime and let them tour. They used to have Wonders of the World Exhibits in Memphis, TN. I saw Ramases II, China, the Etruscans, Napolean, the Titanic, and Catherine the Great. I don't know why they stopped doing them there. Now to see anything good like that we have to go all the way to Chicago or Charlotte.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby G.K. » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:02 am

..........don't feed the ......doh, too late.

A lost copy of the Magna Carta was found a little while ago. It was stashed in a local authority archive......Worth about 10 million they reckon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02 ... 38010.html
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:02 am

Guys please keep it on topic and remember our forum rule to be polite and considerate to others. .... and NO POLITICS!!!!

Thank you ^-^
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to History