Hannibal Barca

Discussions on History. Please keep on topic & friendly. Provocative & one sided political posts will be deleted.

Hannibal Barca

Postby Apex » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 am

05.21.14 WLRN PBS Ch 17 S Florida:

Hannibal

The story of Carthaginian military leader Hannibal, who led an army against Rome in the 2nd century B.C. An hour and a half of great history, no commercial interruptions. Not exactly a documentary, filmed more in a movie-like format, with some narration by the actor who played Hannibal Barca.

This was a surprise, had not seen any PBS adverts for this. It was broadcast right after a Nazi Mega Weapons installment (the ME262) so I caught the whole show.

I could not locate if/when this might be re-broadcast. If it is, it's worth a viewing. As can be expected, the actors are excellent, and it is accurate history, as clearly stated in the opening minutes.

Good write up about Hannibal on Wikipedia.
Apex
Major
Major

Re: Hannibal Barca

Postby Webb » Wed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

Hannibal was a 2006 movie. IMDb

It was nice bonus after Me262.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: Hannibal Barca

Postby Apex » Wed May 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Ah ha. Thanks for that, Webb, missed it on my Google search. Well, that explains why it had a movie-like format. Odd to see it pop up on PBS.
Apex
Major
Major

Return to History