NOVA: 3D Spies of WWII

Discussions on History. Please keep on topic & friendly. Provocative & one sided political posts will be deleted.

NOVA: 3D Spies of WWII

Postby Webb » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:41 am

Link

A WWII Allied initiative to locate Nazi rocket bases is recalled. The program brought together experts from British universities and Hollywood to study 3-D stereoscopic photos of German territory that had been shot by specially converted Spitfires. The result: Allied bombing raids that set back the German rocket program and helped ensure the success of the D-Day landings. The episode includes 3-D graphics that recreate what the photo spies saw.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: NOVA: 3D Spies of WWII

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:46 am

This is probably a re-hash of the BBC program (if not the actual program itself) showing the work conducted at RAF Medmenham? It was an excellent documentary, and Medmenham is now a hotel and restaurant (the head chef is a two-Michelin starred dork).
Oddly enough, the grounds keepers former residency is owned by my best friends mum, it is a lovely Grade II listed building situated on the bank of the Thames. I used to love house sitting for them when they went on holiday O0
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Apex » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:26 pm

There was a mention of the generals at RAF Medmenham in the Nova 3D Spies episode, but two [completely] different shows, both excellent and for me, new stuff I'd not heard of before.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Doesn't work. The site loads, but the clip doesn't even dare to show it's ugly mug. The center frame, where the clip should show, remains blank. :think:
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Hmm. It works fine for me and I have so many adblockers installed that I expect most sites won't work.

Are you in the US?
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:55 pm

It's regional restrictions.. I'm in canada and can't view it unless I use some handy and free software that changes my internet address to a US address.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Strategic Retreat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 am

Hmmm... it seems Italy too is blacklisted... and to compound on it neither Anonymouse nor other http proxies seem to work. Do any of you have a working proxy, even a numerical one to input in the browser, please?
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Webb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:21 am

Try this one.

Tunlr

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Return to History