New PBS series: Nazi Megaweapons

Discussions on History. Please keep on topic & friendly. Provocative & one sided political posts will be deleted.

New PBS series: Nazi Megaweapons

Postby Webb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Episode 1 - The Atlantic Wall

To protect occupied Europe from an Allied invasion, Hitler demanded the construction of a defensive wall stretching thousands of kilometers from France in the south to Norway in the north. This is the story of how this vast engineering project sucked in huge quantities of raw materials and men from all over the Third Reich … and faced its ultimate test on D-Day.

Episode 2 - U-Boat Base - airs July 24.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: New PBS series: Nazi Megaweapons

Postby Apex » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 am

Good series, saw the Atlantic Wall episode the other night. Great history there.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Next week: V2 Rocket

This episode relates the development of the first ever space missiles used by the Nazis as destructive wonder-weapons to bomb the Allies into resignation and the rocket engineer who set the groundwork for the moon landing.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Mon May 19, 2014 10:01 am

Check your local PBS listings. A episode airs Tuesday.

"Jet Fighter Me 262"

The story of the Messerschmitt Me 262, the most technologically advanced fighter jet of World War II.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Apex » Wed May 21, 2014 7:56 am

This is a great series, with lots of stuff hitherto unknown by myself. I've seen the ME262 installment twice. Give it all a good view if you can.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Thu May 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Next week ...

Fortress Berlin.

The bunkers in Berlin employed by the Germans during World War II, including the Führerbunker that housed Adolf Hitler for the war's last months, are recalled.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 am

This might have given a "bang"....Gustav
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/07 ... -all-time/
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Wed May 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Tonight on NOVA.

D-Day's Sunken Secrets

Submersibles, underwater robots and 3D mapping tools are used to discover, identify and plot the relics on the sea floor near Normandy, France, the site of the Allies' D-Day invasion during World War II. Also: engineers, scientists, mathematicians, inventors and meteorologists who contributed to the success of the invasion.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Webb » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:59 am

A new season has started.

Link

The SS

The history of the SS, which began as Hitler's personal bodyguard and grew to control all aspects of the Third Reich.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Postby Apex » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Yeah, so it's a new season, I saw the Wolf's Lair & SS installments, wondered if I had missed them previously. This is great history, excellent series.
Apex
Major
Major

Return to History