Interior of the first pax Airbus jet.

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Interior of the first pax Airbus jet.

Postby JVC_systems » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:16 pm

Hello everyone!!
I was wondering, how does interior of the first pax Airbus jet ever made (A300B1 or something like that) looks like. I am just curious. I heared people say that it looks really nice especially for those days and compared to many other jets like Boeing or MD that were around during that time (early 70's), so I really wanna see it!! So any ideas on where to find those pic? I tried airliners.net but couldn't find anyting there. Please help me to find some. Thanks  :)
JVC_systems
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Interior of the first pax Airbus jet.

Postby Felix/FFDS » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:59 am

Nothing remarkable.  I flew on some of the early Airbuses on Eastern Air Lines several times.  I remember them relatively comfortable, comparable to the L-1011s then also flown by Eastern.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JVC_systems » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:00 pm

Felix/FFDS,
I was wondering, How was Airbus able to develop such a nice and comfortable interior for those days (late 60's early 70's) compare to most and maybe even all other jet that were around during that time?? I have a friend who couldn't even beleive that A300 had such a nice interior for early 70's. I found a few pics of one of those early A300's (not the first one like I wanated but still something thought) and I think even A330-300 uses a very identical interior as those first Airbuses ever build (A300's) except for minor changes and improvements. So my question is, how was Airbus able to develop probably the best looking and comfortable interior back then (late 60's early 70's) with no computers or that stuff?? How ???  And also, I am correct that A300 did have the best looking and comfortable interior for those days? Will be glad to know the answer! Thanks a lot people!!  ;)
JVC_systems
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Felix/FFDS » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:44 pm

Remember, I'm speaking from memory and that was (cough, cough) thirty years ago, and I flew on relatively short - high density routes (San Juan to the US, or within the Caribbean)

The 747 DC-10 and L-1011 were relatively new, and each was trying to outdo the other.  You don't need a computer to design a comfortable chair.

Other than business or first class, airline seats have never been excessively "comfortable" - for a 6ft 275+ lb person.
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JVC_systems » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:31 pm

Thanks for your reply Felix/FFDS. It's just that I think A300 had the best design out of all jet that were around those days. You mentioned something about B747. Back then the newest one was 747-100 so I am wondering, are there are any airlines out there that are still using Boeing 747-100? Because most companies have switched to 747-400. Thanks!
JVC_systems
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Real Aviation