Un-____ing-Believable!

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Re: Un-____ing-Believable!

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:33 am

sorry guys but i only wanted to say that when you fly in real life (like Hype did for the first time here) you actually notice that flying a real plane is far from different than when you are sitting behind your pc with some potato chips and a big bottle of fresh coke...i thought that was obvious  ;)
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Postby OTTOL » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:02 pm

sorry guys but i only wanted to say that when you fly in real life (like Hype did for the first time here) you actually notice that flying a real plane is far from different than when you are sitting behind your pc with some potato chips and a big bottle of fresh coke...i thought that was obvious  
 I think it WAS just for the record, and IS relevant to the topic.  ???  The dynamics are not always accurate, to say the least! If you try to maintain altitude in a steep turn in the 172/182, half of the time you end up stalling! I threw away my Force Feedback joystick because of this. I have never stalled a 172/182 in a steep turn or any other flight regime for that matter, other than INTENTIONAL stalls. If I had started out in FS and then transitioned to a real Cessna, I would be shocked at how easy it is to fly the real thing! :P
.....so I loaded up the plane and moved to Middle-EEEE..........OIL..that is......
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby Scottler » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:10 am

Also a good point which was mentioned by my instructor, OTTOL.  He said that in many ways, real aviation is easier than F$.
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby OTTOL » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:47 pm

So when's the next lesson Scott????    ???  ???
.....so I loaded up the plane and moved to Middle-EEEE..........OIL..that is......
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby Scottler » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:17 pm

Not sure, at this point.  I'm looking into financing the entire thing, but I'm also talking to some flight schools in Florida, where I'm probably going to be moving in April.  There are many down there that work directly with the airlines to bring you from 0 time to right seat in X amount of months...
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby OTTOL » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:27 am

Be careful with programs like Gulfstream Academy and Comair, with their F/O programs. We take resumes with this kind of history and chuck them directly into the circular file!  >:(
It sounds good to a guy trying to build time, and get his foot in the door, but remember you are taking a job from somebody else in a business where people are struggling as it is. The fact that these guys are profitting from it(the schools) doesn't go unnoticed!!
Where in FL just out of curiosity?           Riddle probably has THE best program in the business, but the cost follows accordingly with the BEST title! If you are in the Dade/Broward area, I would reccomend a school called PFT(professional flight training), they are a 141 school w/o a college program, but none the less the best training for your dollar spent !   Pat
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby Scottler » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:31 pm

I've actually talked to Riddle quite a bit, and of course it's where I've wanted to go since I was like 6, but now I think we're going to stay here in New York for a bit longer before moving...girlfriend wants to finish college up here.  No worries though.  I'll still build some time here!   ;D
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ruekesj » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:08 pm

hyp...
 this is great news.  i'm also working on my license, both rotor and fixed,  and my two cents is; no matter the struggle or how long it takes, and has taken thus far,  it is worth every piched penny.  coming from a 23yr old father who sometimes just makes his bills.

i'm going to teach my daughter to fly someday too if she's interested :)
                                                             rooks
P4 2.4, 1gb ram, geforce 4 4200ti 128 mb w/8x AGP, 80gig drive.

saitek X-45, CH pro pedals,TIR2

if you seek peace and calm, search from within.
ruekesj
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Real Aviation