Who else just spent a day at an awesome airshow

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Who else just spent a day at an awesome airshow

Postby MattNW » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:01 pm

There's a big airshow at a small airfield here every year. Just spent the day watching. Got to see the Navy demostration team fly and a bunch of other modern and vintage aircraft up close and personal. I was standing so close to four Harriers that when I got home I stank of jet fuel.

One act kinda reminded me of Ozzy. There was a guy who flew a complete aerobatic routine in a Learjet. I could just picture Ozzy in the cockpit of that one.  Maybe next year we can get him in a 747 for short run. ;D ;D
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Re: Who else just spent a day at an awesome airsho

Postby ozzy72 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:06 am

You pay the avgas and the insurance and I'll be more than happy to have a go ;D

Ozzy 8)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Craig. » Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:15 am

sounds like a great day:) and getting near some harriers, in my opinion thats a jackpot:)
i get to goto one next week, the big fleet air arm show At RNAS yeovilton, gonna be fun,
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby MattNW » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:25 pm

sounds like a great day:) and getting near some harriers, in my opinion thats a jackpot:)
i get to goto one next week, the big fleet air arm show At RNAS yeovilton, gonna be fun,

The trick is to lay back and avoid the crowds. There were over 100,000 people there so people who left right after the show were stuck in a three hour traffic jam. I saw the line and hung around the airfield for a while. By then the only people still standing around were the ones who flew in and were planning to stay overnight again. During the show they kept the people and planes well seperated but afterward they figured most of those people had sense enough not to wander in front of a moving plane so they just cleared the taxiways and brought them through.
In Memory of John Consterdine (FS Tipster)1962-2003
MattNW
Major
Major

Return to Real Aviation