Favourite Wide Body Long Range Jet

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Re: Favourite Wide Body Long Range Jet

Postby Vic » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:00 pm

Although very economically friendly  ;D So who did u vote for Craig, and we gotta get more pps into this poll  ;D I wanna see a real favourite here!
When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.
Vic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Craig. » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:41 am

the DC10, its my all time fav of course ;DLOL
its actually difficult chocie because the 777 is also a great aircraft
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Ivan » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:53 am

Well, I dont think that sound means power, I see the idea engine as powerfull AND quiet. Lets say the IL-86, yes it is powerfull, but its crazy loud, and IL-96 is MORE powerfull by about 20% but its about 50% of the noise! And it gets extremely annoying if the vibrations and noise is through the roof. However, it also depends on the airline to how they soundproof their planes, and yes KLM is one of the best.

Being loud is relative

I think it doesnt make more dB compared to a boeing, but more dB(A)
It's just the frequency that counts for the human ear, not the total amount of energy
Russian planes: IL-76 (all standard length ones),  Tu-154 and Il-62, Tu-134 and [url=http://an24.uw.hu/]An-24RV[/ur
Ivan
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:31 am

It might be old but I would choose the 747 every time. I can only afford economy class & never noticed any undue vibration or noise. A trip from Newark to Gatwick in a DC-10 hangar queen was the only time I've ever been scared in the air. Can't remember the airline but it was one of the main carriers. I was relieved to get off the darned thing. ::)

PS. The only other heavy I've flown on is the 767. Very impressive & extremely quiet, Almost silent when they reduce to cruising power -
Last edited by Hagar on Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby zcottovision » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:50 pm

Well, I voted for the Airbus. Why? I just like Airbuses! They're incredibly technical planes (the A320 series is just a minefield of screens and switches) and look pretty awesome. I also think they look quite nice too, but I'm biased, because I've been on one recently, but not the others!
zcottovision
Captain
Captain

Postby Ronnie » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:15 pm

I like the Triple Seven, first of all, just because I am hard-core Boeing and because it is the newest and the best of the Boeings! I know that is a stupid reason, but who cares?
Ronnie
Captain
Captain

Postby PH_AJH » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:15 pm

My first ever plane ride was on a KLM DC10, Amsterdam to Curacao in 1976. I still remember the sound and smell of it. At TNCC you can get very close to the beginning of the runway and my dad took me there when it took off back to Amsterdam. A DC10 with the throttles all the way up sounds so good! Don't care if it's not the most powerfull, it's just great.
I love the new FFX DC10, have got the KLM livery and it's the only widebody I fly. Even if it hasn't got a VC.
AJ
PH_AJH

Previous

Return to Real Aviation