Airbus Sucks! Boeing ALL THE WAY!

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Airbus Sucks! Boeing ALL THE WAY!

Postby N4733D » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:41 pm

I don't care what you say, Airbus should BuRn and bUrN badly. Boeing ownz the airliner market and it should stay that way! >:(
N4733D

Re: Airbus Sucks! Boeing ALL THE WAY!

Postby OTTOL » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:09 pm

You should try breaking the Prozac's in half..? :P
.....so I loaded up the plane and moved to Middle-EEEE..........OIL..that is......
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Postby Craig. » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:27 am

gotta agree with you saratoga, many people know my feelings on airbus and they arnt pretty at all:) there business practices are shall we say less than ethical, they give away their planes just to get extra business, the A340 has tobe the most underpowered aircraft i have ever seen. and they say the A320's meant to be quiet, Bulls**T is it, on takeoff it felt and sounded like we were going to be pulled apart there was so much noise.
i am much happier on a boeing any day, give me a 777 over a 330, and then with the 7E7 coming into service the future looks bright for boeing
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mr. Bones » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:21 am

i prefer Boeing too! but keep in mind...that without Airbus there won't be any concurrence...so Boeing wouldn't spent time in developping new techniques and models. we would still fly 707's and the prices would be very very high!  ;)
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:07 pm

Whats the big deal, theyre all busses  8)
I've flown on A-319s, 737s, A-320s and 757s and thyre all quiet considering their aluminium tubes shooting (lumbering) through the air at 500+ mph at about 7 miles up ::)
besides Airbus provide healthy competition for Boeing.
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby Vic » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:38 pm

I find that Airbuses are much more quiet than the Boeings and dont shake nearly as much, my favourite civil plane would be the A340 and the Illyushin IL-96 since they are virtually the same.
When you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.
Vic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:10 pm

Saratoga, be careful what you say. There are many Airbus supporters out there........ I'd hate for you to have an accident, say somebody covering your house in marmalade ;D

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Craig. » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:24 pm

nooooooooooooooo they got to ozzy :'( :'( :'(
what did they do? offer you a free spitfire in return for you using your influence as a mod to sway others opinions???
LOL ;D
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby N4733D » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:08 pm

Bah, let em at me! I have flown a  330 one trip, and a 767 back, the 767 was roomier, it felt, and, as was stated before, MUCH quieter and A LOT smoother. I say it is good and healthy for some compitition, but, I still believe that Boeing does and should rule the market. They Copied parts of Boeing planes, which is illegal in the U.S., but they aren't here, are they? And as CraigL said about the under-poweredness, it is quite visible as you said, the 330 takes close to twice as much runway in reality as a 767 or 777 and cruises slower. Not sure on PAX capability, but it's surely less than the 777. Never been on a 340, but I have seen pictures of the takeoffs, it is quite sad. Seen them leave DFW too, slows traffic down a lot when they accelerate like that and take soo much runway to get off. >:(
N4733D

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:26 pm

I'm not pro one camp or the other. Both have their merits, and their detractions.
Hell you wanna fly. Get a Spitfire. 'Nuff said ;D

Ozzy 8)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ReverseThrust » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:45 pm

You cann all tell who I like by my name.  Airbus also gets funding $$$ from all sorts of European Gov'ts.  Boeing- while friends with the USGOV and filling a big order for the USAF- is still a private corporation.

Boeings are so much more interesting- the 747, 757, 777, and 727 are all unique.  Airbus has never made anything except tons of twinjet tubes and an underpowered 4-engine plane.  

LONG LIVE BOEING!  and the A380 is UGLY and can burn too!  Sorry for the rant...
ReverseThrust
Major
Major

Postby Scottler » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:07 am

Admittedly, I've never flown on an Airbus product.  I have, however, flown on the following aircraft:

737-100/200
737-300/500
737-700
737-800

(As well as some others, but they're not Boeings, so they're not applicable to this conversation!)

I've never once thought "Gee, this is noisy", or "Wow, what a bumpy ride" (other than standard turbulence).

There's a reason my old pilots at CAL called it the "Scarebus".  

Not to mention, it's about 35 feet from the ground to the belly.  The things are entirely too high off the deck!

Ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly!  And this whole new "sidestick" thing.  That's super...provided the F/O is right handed and the captain is left handed.  Any other configuration could result in some shaky controls!
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Craig. » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:12 am

urgh i dont like the side stick, doesnt give you enough of a feeling of the aircraft, fly by wire is bad enough, but then to give you a little thing by your side, makes it worse, i love the feeling of a proper yoke infront of me. as for needing to be left or right handed, thats not a problem as when your in control of the throttle quad as well as the yoke ie take off landing, that comes into play anyway. captain needs left hand on controls right on throttle and so on.
like i said, the A320 i went on felt very unsafe it was shaking like mad without turbulence and noisey as hell
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Scottler » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:23 am

Right, but there's a big difference between your "off hand" being on a steering wheel type object and then on a joystick.  The stick is more of a wrist action, as opposed to an arm action...
Great edit, Bob.

Google it.

www.google.com
Scottler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Craig. » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:26 am

true:)
there is one advantageand its the only advantage to a side stick.
the pull out table you get in front of you, makes laptop use eating dinner, and writing out the landing departure and all other procedures that much easier. but with the EFB slowly coming in that wont matter anyway.
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Real Aviation