Pilots Licence

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Pilots Licence

Postby michaelb15 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:58 pm

where can I go in canada to get my Pilots Licence and other stuff that I will need for the test??? Because MSFS has inspired me to go out and get my pilots licence ;)

Can everyone give what they know please?

Thanks alot
I am somwhere I don't know where I am!!!
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Re: Pilots Licence

Postby visitor » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:02 pm

In the US any airport with a flight school!
Not sure about Canada, but the airport might
be a place to start!

Good luck!!
It's the greatest thing you will ever do!!

Brad
visitor

Postby Iroquois » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:40 pm

Most local airports in Canada offer flight schools. You could start by telling us where you live.
[center]I only pretend to know what I'm talking about. Heck, that's what lawyers, car mechanics, and IT professionals do everyday. ;)
The Rig:
AMD Athlon XP2000+ Palomino, ECS K7S5A 3.1, 1GB PC2700 DDR, Geforce FX5200 128mb, SB Live P
Iroquois
Major
Major

Postby michaelb15 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:08 pm

I live in North bay, ontario

thanks again
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby ozzy72 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:00 pm

Michael after a quick search using google I've come up with the following;
http://www.venturenorth.com/algon/home.html
http://www.gfc-wfc.com/
http://www.learntofly.on.ca/

Have you tried looking in your local phone book?

Ozzy ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Calb » Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:06 am

You can go to Transport Canada's webpages at:http://www.tc.gc.ca/air/menu.htm

Scroll down to "Information for Pilots". Under the various headings you'll find a lot of information pertaining to what you're faced with.  

Also, any flight training school(s) at the North Bay airport should have some hand-outs that define the various classes of licenses, the training syllabus for each and their current fees, ground school (mandatory) schedule and the cost of books and other study material. Also, they'll have a list of Doctors in the area that give pilot medicals (mandatory).

Cal
Calb
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby michaelb15 » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:34 pm

thank you  very very much for all your efforts  ;D
I really thank you guys for all the posts ;D
se ya in the skys ;)
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby michaelb15 » Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:14 pm

also, I was wondering what should I do for cutting the cost of the training down, because I have limited funds and $7000 is quite a bit for just a licence.
I cant belive (and wont belive) that I have to pay that much JUST FOR A LICENCE!
If I wanted to, can I go and find a pilot with his instructers degree, and ask him to do all the flights with me, so I have to pay mabe $50 an hour instead of $137 an hour? thanks again for your support, and please dont be shy for posting replies ;)
Last edited by michaelb15 on Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby Craig. » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:30 am

the best way to cut down costs, is to take as many lessons a week as you can, that way your training wont require to many more lessons past the minimum requirements.  thats what i have been told many a time. sadly flying isnt cheap
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby OTTOL » Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:13 pm

the best way to cut down costs, is to take as many lessons a week as you can, that way your training wont require to many more lessons past the minimum requirements.  thats what i have been told many a time. sadly flying isnt cheap
Excellent advice! More precisely, if you can get all of the money together first, do it. There's a common, understandable, desire to start flying as soon as you get SOME money. The biggest mistake I used to see people make(I did it myself), is start, run out of money, then start again sometime later. Another mistake I see people make, is blaming the lack of progress on the lack of flying. When your not flying should have a textbook, or a chart in front of you, or you should be reciting radio calls to yourself(you'll understand the last one better, once you start flying). Lastly, you are using one of the best training tools right now. As a professional pilot, I still come home and practice approaches on my computer every day. About 90% of your MANUAL flying skills are learned by the time you get your PPL. So what's the rest? Experience and Knowledge.   You can only accumulate experience SO fast, but the amount of Knowledge you aquire is up to you . ;)
.....so I loaded up the plane and moved to Middle-EEEE..........OIL..that is......
OTTOL
Captain
Captain

Return to Real Aviation