Very Cool...but Wierd...

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Very Cool...but Wierd...

Postby Whitey » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:53 am

The story...

I was sitting reading about the reason why Kimber left (and now I take Kens side), and then I started hearing a puttering engine noise heading my way rather fast.  As it flew right over my house I realised the noise was a gaddamn Merlin, so I ran to back door in time to see a Spitfire waggling it's wings...LOL. ::)  There were no other aircraft in the sky at the time and we have a low overcast here right now so I'd say it was at about 500 feet.

But what was it doing here?  I've never seen a Spitfire outside an airshow or museum/collection before.  Never mind one waggling his wings over a field outside my house! :)

Anyway, it was cool and exciting...took my mind off the exam results that are arriving with the post today. ;D
Whitey
Major
Major

Re: Very Cool...but Wierd...

Postby Craig. » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:08 am

cool:) might be the one that passed over here a few weeks ago. those old gandpas take their time these days:) although still a thing of beauty.. do you have any airshows up there this week??
and good luck with the results
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Whitey » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:45 pm

None that I know of until September 13th. ::)

I got 7 1s and 2 at Standard Grade in my exams, BTW...in England that would be 7 As and B at GCSE. ;)  The 2 was for French... :P
Whitey
Major
Major

Postby Craig. » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:05 pm

congratulations:) so where are you gonna go from there then or dont you know yet?
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:34 pm

congrats on the results, I got my higher results 8). could have been better though, the only A I got was for Spanish, but the worst was a C in English so it wasn't too bad  I supose.
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Return to Real Aviation