Aerobatics

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Aerobatics

Postby AKflyer » Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:35 am

Has anyone wver done aerobatics in a Cessna 150? I went up with my instructor once when I was getting my license. We were flying a C150 Aerobat. He did several loops, and a bunch of rolls and stuff. Unfortanetly I got a little airsick...................oh well! It was still fun. I heard about a helicopter pilot once who was taking lessons for his private license. He went up with his instructor one time, and the instructor was fairly young I guess. Anyways, the heli pilot looped the standard Cessna 150, and terrified the instructor.

Well, I haven't really made a point in all of this................... ;)
AKflyer
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Aerobatics

Postby Felix/FFDS » Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:31 pm

As a non-flyer, my aerobatics are limited to whatever I do on the computer.... if it can be called "aerobatics"...

My concession to "real flying" was taking a flight in an SNJ-6, and the IP let me have the controls.  After a few slow turns, etc., we did some simple loops, etc., and I finally got to do a split-S......

All I can say is small wonder why the AT-6/SNJH was so popular!
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tequila Sunrise » Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 pm

I've flown aerobatics in gliders, Bull-Dogs and I was offered the chance to fly in the back seet of an F-16D,
but couln't because the bus that was to take me from the airshow (Leuchars 2000) was leaving early, (F!"*^<&|\$
If someone with multiple personality disorder threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee
Tequila Sunrise
Major
Major

Postby N4733D » Wed May 15, 2002 6:11 pm

My favorite flying experience ever: For about a 1000 bucks i got to go up for a fun aerobatic run in an F-14 ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D. I got to do it because I had donated the money to the Disabled Children Flying Association. I think they call it that...
N4733D

Aerobatics

Postby pliabos » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:45 am

i hava a pic s-70(uh-60) black hawk helicopter looping  ;D
pliabos
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby C » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:53 am

Iturned down the opportunity to loop a standard c150 - i'll stick with bulldogs, tutors and chippies thanks

Charlie
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:14 pm

Most of my aerobatics were in Chipmunks, I'd never risk looping one of the An-2s at the local club. I'm brave, but I'm not stupid ;D ;D ;D

Ozzy
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Redwing » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:04 am

Yes, I've done aerobatics in a 150 Aerobat (even rolled a standard 150 a few times, though I wouldn't recommend it!). The thing about most of these lighter aerobatically-rated planes (smaller engine hp), is that you generally have to start off the maneuver by putting the plane into a shallow dive to build airspeed in order to complete the maneuver.
Redwing
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Real Aviation