"Fly me to the Moon, and let me play among........

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

"Fly me to the Moon, and let me play among........

Postby Professor Brensec » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:31 am

Had my TIF today. Best hour I spent for a long, long time (and that includes sex...........lol)

Good bloke for an instructor, he let me fly the whole flight after we got to altitude, and then asked me if I wanted to to attempt a landing. I said I'd have a go.

I bloody well didi it! I know he had too "interfere" a little at the final moment (the 'flare', I think) because the plane began to yaw quite a bit which was too much for me to handle, so I felt his pressure on the yoke and pedals, but otherwise, I'd say I did about 80% of the landing.

I asked him his opinion at the start, about people with FS and CFS experience. He said there were advantages and disadvantages. Advantage is that you kick off with a reasonable understanding of flight principles and understanding of
Last edited by Professor Brensec on Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Re: "Fly me to the Moon, and let me play among....

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:38 am

Great stuff Brensec. Sounds like you had an incredible day.
Odd I prefer to avoid the instruments most of the time, mind you I learnt to fly before I discovered FS.......

Ozzy 8)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Fly me to the Moon, and let me play among....

Postby Professor Brensec » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:45 am

I know what you mean. When I use FS or CFS I usually fly with a 'fullscreen' or maybe a HUD for combat.
But it's true, as soon as I started flying I spent more time checking the instruments for alt, ias, holding the heading etc.
In fact I was trying to keep the plane at altitude by using the Vert. Speed Ind. But that has a definite delay, so it's not really that efficient, I was much better off using the horizon.
;D ;)
Last edited by Professor Brensec on Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ra.online-plus.biz

I cried because I had no shoes - until I saw a man who had no feet.
Professor Brensec
Major
Major

Return to Real Aviation