What was the first plane you remember seeing?

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Re: What was the first plane you remember seeing?

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Mon May 27, 2002 11:12 am

[quote]The first planes I saw was in 1939 when running home from school in South London dodging the German bombers
Last edited by Woodlouse2002 on Mon May 27, 2002 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby asnamara » Wed May 29, 2002 8:06 pm

the first plane is saw was a small training planes, can't rememeber exactly what it was, must have been a cessna or something like that. the first cockpit i saw was a 747-400, that was last year, when i got this really cool one week work experience with qantas and british airways at bangkok intl airport. i got to spend spend a whole week with 747s :D. Then just a few month ago i was at the Asian Aerospace 2002, in singapore. got to see a pair of B-1s, one of them took off for the flying display, i saw a pair of F-18E super hornet (one of which performed a flying display), a pair F-15e strike eagle (one of which performed a flying display), a mirage 2000, an f-16, there was also a kc-135, and a pair of F-15C; and there was the amazing Rafale prototype which performed in the flying display. It was an amazing show. ;)
asnamara
C152 - C172 - C172RG - C-182 - BE76 - C208
asnamara
Major
Major

Postby JJ McGuire » Thu May 30, 2002 11:06 am

The 1st plane I saw was a B-47 at Pease AFB. That was the plane my father was flying when I was little.
JJ
JJ McGuire
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Bf-109E_Pilot » Thu May 30, 2002 6:41 pm

Well the first aircraft that I saw was  helicopter a UH-60L Blackhawk at my local airport when I lived in London, Kentucky when I was 1 year old.  By my moms stories I ran up to it screaming "Heliplopter" and I actually ran up to the pilots beside of it and they picked me up and put me in the pilots seat,  I still have the picture of me sitting in the seat and the flight helmet looking like it swallowed my head :) If I ever find a scanner I'll upload it and post it here.
Bf-109E_Pilot
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby AA » Thu May 30, 2002 10:18 pm

The first Plane I remember seeing was when I was about 3.  I was at the Oklahoma City Air Show and I got to see the Blue Angels.  That was the first time I remember seeing airplanes, and that's what started my love for aviation.
AA
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Northwest 102 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:57 pm

As far back as I can remember, the first plane I saw was a Northwest Airlines jet.  The first plane I boared was a Northwest 747. Last Turbine plane I flew was a Cessna Caravan and the last Piston was a Piper Warrior II

Thats just me.

MIKE (KingairB200)
Fly D E L T A/NORTHWEST AIRLINES!
Northwest 102
Major
Major

Postby Spider » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:38 pm

Ha Ha, I'm 12  8) 8) 8)

The first aircraft I remember seeing was an Air Lingus Boeing. There is a road at the end of the runway at Dublin Ariport (Ireland) that my dad always brings me to. You can park and watch the planes take off over your head!!!!! I love planes, and I'm going to be a pilot when I grow up. I have FS 2002 and pedals and a yoke and fly all over the world. I even visit my cousins in England, it is that realistic!!!  ;D ;D I always was allowed into the cockpit of jumbo's when I was flying, but after September 11th, I have never been in one since (except on my Simulator). It's not as if I'm going to put a gun to the pilots head, come on  >:( >:( >:( >:(. Ah well, got to go.

[glb]Spider[/glb]
Pentium 850mhz
Onboard Video Card
256 MB Ram
Spider
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jaffa » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:55 pm

The first plane I remember being consciously aware of and that I knew what kind it was was a F-16 courtesy of the 174th FW, New York Air National Guard.
Jaffa
Major
Major

Postby helidyn » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:39 am

:)The first plane was a constellation. I live next to an airport so I see alot of military and non-military aircraft. I fell in love since then. I used to go to McGuire AFB in NJ to see their airshows. Where I live (close to West Point) we have C-5a's based as well as C-130 refulers. Recent spots include State police Bell 430, commanche, huey's, and Sirkorsky s-76. Last summer a lot of f-16's.
helidyn
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby DougC-3 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:31 am

:)The first plane was a constellation. I live next to an airport so I see alot of military and non-military aircraft. I fell in love since then. I used to go to McGuire AFB in NJ to see their airshows. Where I live (close to West Point) we have C-5a's based as well as C-130 refulers. Recent spots include State police Bell 430, commanche, huey's, and Sirkorsky s-76. Last summer a lot of f-16's.

The Lockheed Constellation made a big impression on me, too.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
--- William Sloan Coffin (and many others)
DougC-3
Major
Major

Postby Zero_Bubble » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:00 am

The first airplane I remembered seeing was one in a bunch of Japanese biplanes flying low over the city of Manila, Philippines  when the Japanese first attacked the islands in '41 during the "big war". On the other hand the first US airplane I saw was the B-24 Liberator back in '44 during the initial phases of the liberation of the Philippines. NOTE: Never saw another Japanese plane after that.

BH
Zero_Bubble
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby DougC-3 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:11 am

[quote]The first airplane I remembered seeing was one in a bunch of Japanese biplanes flying low over the city of Manila, Philippines
Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
--- William Sloan Coffin (and many others)
DougC-3
Major
Major

Postby Whitey » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:38 am

i wont assume anything inless your welsh.

wales: where men are men, and sheep are frightened ;D

no offence to any welsh who may just be looking at this :-*

I think you forgot the people from Aberdeen! ;D ;D
Whitey
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:18 pm

Um must of over looked that.
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Zero_Bubble » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:35 pm

Doug C-3:

My family and I stuck it out in the city of Manila throughout the Japanese occupation. We lived about two block from the University of Sto. Tomas where all US citizens were interned by the Japanese for the duration of the war. The reason I saw few Japanese planes after my initial sighting was perhaps because the city was declared an "open city" but above all the Japanese must've needed their aircraft somewhere else. Remember that six months after Pearl Harbor, the Japanese were already on the defensive. No I never got out of the Philippines until I joined the US Navy in '55. Been here ever since. This is my country now.

BH
Zero_Bubble
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Real Aviation