One for Fozzer

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

One for Fozzer

Postby expat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:35 am

Hi Paul,
after all those years of simming with Looking Glass Studios Flight Unlimited II and III......It was not planned, but we visited Half Moon Bay :)

Matt

"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: One for Fozzer

Postby Fozzer » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 am

Wonderful news, Matt!

It was Looking Glass Studios and Flight Unlimited II that first dragged me, kicking and screaming, over to North America for everything to do with Flight Sims. which has resulted in me being addicted to all the wonderful variation in the scenery there; North, South, East, and West.
I know the whole of the USA like the back of my hand now!
Together with all my American and Canadian Motorcycle Chums, most of my Internet time every day is spent across the Pond, conversing with them!
With the present Google Satellite Street Maps, I am able to walk around Half Moon Bay, etc, at ground level now!
...much more realistic than Flight Unlimited II ever was!
Take care Matt, enjoy the trip, and while you are there, don't forget to pop up to Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley to sample some of that excellent California Vino!
...I get mine from Sainsbury's...LOL...!

Paul.... :D ... :D ...!

P.S...to keep you up to date...>>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:14 pm

It was a great holiday, 3000 miles driven in total throughout California and Nevada.
My wife has relatives a spit from Sonoma and Napa, we know the area well. Her aunt lives in Santa Rosa, devastated by fires two years ago if you recall the news. We had a couple of friends who lost everything except their night clothes, pets and cars that's how quickly they had to leave. This trip we visited Francis For Coppola's vineyard. A friend of a friend has worked there for the last 30 years and we got a back scenes tour, a cracking day and we came away with this........I am looking forward to Saturday night with my good lady wife..... :D

And fingers crossed, my bike has its TÜV (MOT) today........ :shock:

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TommyJo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:58 am

Fozzer wrote:Wonderful news, Matt!

It was Looking Glass Studios and Flight Unlimited II that first dragged me, kicking and screaming, over to North America for everything to do with Flight Sims. which has resulted in me being addicted to all the wonderful variation in the scenery there; North, South, East, and West.
I know the whole of the USA like the back of my hand now!
Together with all my American and Canadian Motorcycle Chums, most of my Internet time every day is spent across the Pond, conversing with them!
With the present Google Satellite Street Maps, I am able to walk around Half Moon Bay, etc, at ground level now!
...much more realistic than Flight Unlimited II ever was!
Take care Matt, enjoy the trip, and while you are there, don't forget to pop up to Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley to sample some of that excellent California Vino!
...I get mine from Sainsbury's...LOL...!

Paul.... :D ... :D ...!

P.S...to keep you up to date...>>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp5lKG ... 9JA/videos

Yes, satellites provide a lot of useful things now. It's great that we live in such a time. Many people have a bad attitude towards Google and feel that they are taking too much on themselves.
But now we will receive more and more new spacecraft manufacturers. I would like people to know more about new manufacturers like this in the UK space news
TommyJo
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Real Aviation