Alert : WE have Visitors !!!!

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Alert : WE have Visitors !!!!

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:54 pm

We've got Visitors !!!

See the New VIDEO !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgoisHRmUE
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Alert : WE have Visitors !!!!

Postby boromir125 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:36 am

What if, for the sake of argument, the human race is, in reality, the result of an experiment millions of years old conducted by a race of aliens we know nothing about. What if our god isn't the benevolent figure painted by Michaelangelo, but something more along the lines of familiar sci-fi figures we've made up for movies and TV? Personally, I can't be so arrogant as to believe that we are the only race of beings in the universe... (we're doomed if we are!) This theory still fits into the ideas of evolution but instead of being a spark at the right time by the right amount of energy in the right evolutionary soup, we were created and placed here to habitate another planet in the universe. Interesting?
boromir125
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby aussiewannabe » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:02 pm

boromir125 wrote:What if, for the sake of argument, the human race is, in reality, the result of an experiment millions of years old conducted by a race of aliens we know nothing about. What if our god isn't the benevolent figure painted by Michaelangelo, but something more along the lines of familiar sci-fi figures we've made up for movies and TV? Personally, I can't be so arrogant as to believe that we are the only race of beings in the universe... (we're doomed if we are!) This theory still fits into the ideas of evolution but instead of being a spark at the right time by the right amount of energy in the right evolutionary soup, we were created and placed here to habitate another planet in the universe. Interesting?

Well-thought-out response. :clap:
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Postby Bofredrik » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:37 pm

A big explosion! BANG! Thats it.
Bofredrik
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Don't tell anybody or announce this over the internet or anything or Social Media,,,

BUT',,, I'm from the Galaxy - Shite,,, probably of which you have never heard of ??????

Hi' earthlings & ding a lings !!!!!!
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:56 pm

UFO's Spotted over Missouri / Kansas City

Several UFO's have been spotted over Missouri , and someone snapped a PHOTO of one of the PILOTS of the UFO !!!

More on this story : https://www.rt.com/usa/462436-darpa-balloons-lighter-air-ufos/

DARPA Program : https://www.darpa.mil/program/adaptable-lighter-than-air

Project LOON : https://loon.com/

Photo of Alien Pilot below

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:27 pm

Naw! That is a picture of this homeless teenager that was living in the Los Angles sewers back in 1980. He now lives in Pasadena and drives a BMW. I met this guy back in 1989. He plays the snythesizer on a rock band. But he plays behind a screen so you don't see him. (.....and then I WOKE UP! Phew!).
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby H » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:25 am

boromir125 wrote:What if, for the sake of argument, the human race is, in reality, the result of an experiment millions of years old conducted by a race of aliens we know nothing about.
A long while ago, in a maybe not so far away galaxy, this was the theme of a TV episode (perhaps The Twilight Zone).
boromir125 wrote:What if our god isn't the benevolent figure painted by Michaelangelo, but something more along the lines of familiar sci-fi figures we've made up for movies and TV?
Rather depends upon one's perspectuive of what's benevolent. The God Michaelangelo depicted and I had a 'death experience' with requires repentance and affinity towards righteousness (we won't expand this here).
boromir125 wrote: Personally, I can't be so arrogant as to believe that we are the only race of beings in the universe... (we're doomed if we are!)
Or we're doomed if we aren't! I can't speak for all but many, including the Hebrew/Christian scriptures, attest that we're not the only race of beings in the universe.
boromir125 wrote:This theory still fits into the ideas of evolution but instead of being a spark at the right time by the right amount of energy in the right evolutionary soup, we were created and placed here to habitate another planet in the universe. Interesting?
Bofredrik wrote:A big explosion! BANG! That's it.
As I've frequently said, the only thing that should exist is nothing. We are science fiction incarnate! Nothing creates Nothing — especially not by happenstance...
When telling my mom about the story I wrote (many moons — and suns — ago), she told me she'd also theorized the possibility when she'd been told of atomic theory. My story was of a special spaceship able to time warp beyond our known universe. Its crew believe they've done so, adjusting their view screen sizing aft to fore: the px of the universe behind them seems a floating brownish blob...
before them they focus on a large hand about to push what seems to be a flushing lever...

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby H » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Jetranger wrote:I'm from the Galaxy - Shite,,, probably of which you have never heard of ??????
I believe so — but the spelling, perrhaps the pronunciation, was different.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby FlexibleFlier » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Here's a really big picture thought:

Assuming that the Big Bang is correct, isn't it possible, even likely, that there were/are hundreds/thousands/billions of other tiny little bits of energy that have or also will explode creating hundreds/thousands/billions of other universes, each with billions of stars, etc., etc.?

In other words, we are not the only universe; we simply haven't created a means to see far enough to see any others. But, time and science march on and we eventually (not in this lifetime) will.

The point is, the likelihood of us being alone is so infinitesimally small as to be statistically insignificant. Which, IMHO, means there is lots and lots of life out there, both more and less developed than we are. I won't use the word "intelligent" about us because as a species we really aren't, what with endless war, the wanton eradication of wildlife, the persistent destruction of the planet in innumerable ways, etc., etc.

It has been posited that we have indeed been studied by visitor(s) from other worlds but that they were so horrified at what they learned about us that Earth has been placed "Off Limits". Perhaps after humans are gone the next species will do better.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Sprocket » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:01 am

"In other words, we are not the only universe; we simply haven't created a means to see far enough to see any others. But, time and science march on and we eventually (not in this lifetime) will."

I totally agree with what you say, excepting for our ability to see "far enough".
The problem is not with our technology, (ie telescopes, both radio and optic) but rather with the "speed of light".

On a galactic scale, the speed of light is painfully slow. (A paltry 186,000 miles per second.) Snails pace really. This limits our outside vision and observations to what is known as the "observable universe".
A distance of some 14 billion light years. (And it is the same for radio waves.)

http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/universe.html

Simply put, we cannot see light that is still "on its way" to us. Some of which may reach us only in millions of years from now.

Another interesting thing is also, that even that which we can actually see, is no more that history.

Jan
Sprocket
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby H » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 am

Sprocket wrote:Another interesting thing is also, that even that which we can actually see, is no more than history.
Jan
As, in this form, are we... :violin:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ftldave » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 am

FlexibleFlier wrote:The point is, the likelihood of us being alone is so infinitesimally small as to be statistically insignificant.

Baloney. There's just as much evidence (none) that life in the universe may be extremely rare and, for all practical reasons, we are alone.

I think we fool ourselves since there's so much abundant life here on earth. We look around then look up and say, "Yeah, sure, got to be billions and billions of others out there!" Not necessarily so, folks. Plug in the alternate numbers into the Drake Equation and we may, indeed, be "This Island Earth". Read the Rare Earth Hypothesis. It's just as likely to be true, from what little we know now.

From the Wiki:

In planetary astronomy and astrobiology, the Rare Earth hypothesis argues that the origin of life and the evolution of biological complexity such as sexually reproducing, multicellular organisms on Earth (and, subsequently, human intelligence) required an improbable combination of astrophysical and geological events and circumstances.

If the formation of life occurs only once ever decillion times on earth-like planets, it's an empty universe, friends, and Earth may be surprisingly unique, has beat the odds in hostile, deadly outer space.
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby napamule » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:28 pm

You can't create, or destroy, matter. We were always here, in a different 'form', before, and after, the big bang. Evolution has us as we are now. We belong here.

Do aliens sin? Cheat, lie, steal, murder, rape, commit adultery, assault, incest, homosexual acts? Do they have (or need) a Bible? Do they 'pray'? Do they get cancer? Are they subject to schiophenia, paranoia, insanity, dementia? Do they eat 'dead' animals? Do they watch 'Science Fiction'? Do they have, or need, 'money'? Do they have computers? Do they listen to 'music'? Do they die? Do they ;'l-=\].,987='.\[] ? Or are we 'ALONE' in all of those respects?
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby FlexibleFlier » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 am

If the formation of life occurs only once ever decillion times on earth-like planets, it's an empty universe, friends, and Earth may be surprisingly unique, has beat the odds in hostile, deadly outer space.

ftldave, yes, the numbers are staggering and, like any statistics, can be read - or made to be read - any way. What I think you may have missed is that I am positing an infinite number of universes, not just our single one, which, IMHO, adds significantly to the probability of life elsewhere. I am also definitely not limiting "life" to our earth forms, or even chemical compositions. We should not be so earthcentric (just made up a word here) as to think we are the only life forms that matter.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Real Aviation