DHC: They're coming BAAAACK!

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

DHC: They're coming BAAAACK!

Postby Hoorf » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:41 am

With Bombardier selling all assets & brands to Longview Aviation Capital (parent company of Viking Air, manufacturers of new Twin Otters, Turbine Beavers & support products), it was announced on the news that the Q400 will soldier on and continue to be made at the existing Downsview plant...and such will now fly with the de Havilland of Canada name. This is just me, but frankly, I'm rather excited.

News from CBC here...

Welcome Back, DHC!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Location: In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Re: DHC: They're coming BAAAACK!

Postby Canuck1955 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:55 am

It would be a tragedy if the DHC name were lost to aviation. However the mismanagement of the company and the wasted public funds poured into Bombardier by the government is appalling.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:08 am

Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

I agree. It's sad that Bombardier will not be the sole one taking it in the shorts, it makes one wonder what the heck was going on in there. Also that their latest jet is now the A220. Canada has done very well in aviation, just sorry to see the waves ripple out on this hiccup.

BTW, love Abbotsford (CYXX), just hyperaccuracized it on my FS2004 via AFCAD. Sure has gone through some changes!
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:18 pm

BTW, forgot to mention: the sale formally finalized, DHC is officially back. So, there's that much sunshine out of it all.
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Canuck1955 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 am

Hoorf wrote:
BTW, love Abbotsford (CYXX), just hyperaccuracized it on my FS2004 via AFCAD. Sure has gone through some changes!

Hiya - are you going to publish?
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hoorf » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 am

I could, but it seems nobody uses FS2004 anymore. I could also do BGL excludes as well, in case the stock buildings are out of place with the new AFCAD BGL but placing new buildings and taxiway signage is out since this ol' simboy isn't proficient at raw coding (somewhat out of my ken) and add-on utilities which place scenery objects in Slew Mode are out of my fiscal reach presently. However, the basic AFCAD BGL in and of itself works great.

I'm just very fortunate to have met and have been tutored by the late, great Opa. Still miss the guy.
Hoorf
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Real Aviation