they forgot to retract A320 landing gear during entire fligh

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

they forgot to retract A320 landing gear during entire fligh

Postby Jetranger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:09 pm

HEY,,, did ya' forget something ??????????????

NEWS Two Air India pilots grounded after they forgot to retract A320 landing gear during entire flight :shock:

http://www.airlive.net/news-two-air-india-pilots-grounded-after-they-forgot-to-retract-a320-landing-gear-during-entire-flight/
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: they forgot to retract A320 landing gear during entire f

Postby napamule » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:28 pm

That probably would not have happened if they were Flight Simulator jockeys. So dumb.
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Ratty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Hmmmm. What kind of gear indicators did Airbus put on the panel?
Ratty
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jeffref » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Just the usual lights which should not have have been glowing green and the aircraft behaving like a pig of course. Possibly Airbus needs to connect a hooter as well and a big sign "Retract your A/C now a..h..e!"
Jeffref
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby slimcooper2002 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Don't they have "after take-off checklist"? I'm sure there's a place for a big 'ole checkmark next to "positive climb rate, retract landing gear" I'm surprised they could even get up to speed. And aren't there alarms that tell you you're exceeding maximum speed with landing gear down?
slimcooper2002
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jeffref » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 pm

If there were aural warnings would you not expect the crew to act on them? You would certainly expect discussion with maintenance if an aircraft was not performing.
Checklists will no doubt be "on the menu"of the report and will no doubt include discussion on all aircraft warning systems as well as failures of cockpit procedure. Should be interesting.
Jeffref
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Anthindelahunt » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 am

Makes a change instead of scamming.

Anthin. :shifty:
Anthindelahunt
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:12 am

:lol: :lol: :D

I've made a NEW Audio gauge for all real airliner pilots for their cockpits

kinda goes like this,,,,,,

WARNING - WARNING Hey Dumb Ass your LANDING GEAR IS DOWN WAKE UP and PAY ATTENTION - YOU will use up lots of extra Fuel and most likely CRASH killing all onboard

WARNING - WARNING YOU will never get LAID again,,, your about to DIE :lol: :lol: :lol:

watch how fast that landing gear gets up,, works everytime :D :D
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:42 am

Talking about warning lights.... ;) ...

One of our Sim V Members, many years ago, made a special warning light gauge for me to attach to the Carburettor Heat Knob on my General Aviation aircraft fitted with normally aspirated, carburettor-fitted engines, to warn me when Carburettor Heat is/was applied.

Carburettor Heat requires applying, or not, only under certain known atmospheric and flying conditions.

Other its use wise, or non-use, it can be deadly!

Without its use, the Carburettor venturi can be blocked with ice and create engine failure.
With its use, failure to get air-bourne on take-off can be caused by reduced engine power due to heated air entering the intake manifold affecting the mixture.

Its an automatic safety routine I always apply to all my small GA aircraft, even though it has no actual effect on the "Flight Simulator" aircraft!

A very useful little warning light!...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carburetor_icing

Just remember to make sure Carb Heat is turned OFF before attempting to take off!

Paul....A lifetime spent with Carburettors!.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Real Aviation