Electric planes

Real aviation things here. News, items of interest, information, questions, etc!

Electric planes

Postby striker » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Didn't know electric planes had come so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65klVAjcEzk
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Electric planes

Postby Nighthawk117 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:08 pm

They have indeed. I had no idea Thanks for posting that
Nighthawk117
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Whichever way the cookie crumbles, batteries v gasoline, I reckon there are going to be mining, manufacturing, and dangerous disposal problems occurring with batteries, over internal combustion engines! Whichever type of propulsion is selected, man will continue to devastate the environment with his presence one way or another! I just hope that I can continue to run my twin-cylinder, carburetted, motorcycle, on old fashioned gasoline/petrol for as long as I exist!... ;) ... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Lariliss » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:49 am

Thank you for sharing that is really tremendous, how fast the technology goes forward. Electric approaches are #1 for the sake of ecology, which is not straightforward in any case.

Every transportation technology, including aircraft and aerospace, needs to go experimenting. I would say you will never know pro’s and con’s until you try on numerous engine tests.

For advertisement purposes of car promotions I have made a research of the market for middle-class cars to expensive branded ones.

My purpose was to find out how super-expensive cars would attract buyers other than being prestigious.
And to my surprise, all the range of the cars was devoted to promoting a hybrid motor effectiveness with automatic decision making and least expectable fuel per kilometre.

But all the cars are still promoted with horsepower and fuel liter spent per kilometre. This tells the story.

The open questions about batteries production, effectiveness and utilization are open for the leaders and waiting for promised answers.

Same as cold fusion, there are many technologies that are so common today, that have started from a concept and made their first breakthroughs for concept proof for decades.
Number, Letter, Note: Know, Think, Dream.
Lariliss
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Real Aviation