50 years old

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: 50 years old

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Drop a few more shots in here, thanks for the kind comments people.

FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Reminds me of Andy Taylors car, good ol' Sheriff Andy Taylor from Mayberry RFD.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Jet Ranger one of my favorite shows to watch, never get tired of Andy Griffith Show. The new police car every year, all Galaxies through the years, and all the other FORDS in there as well.

FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby PhantomTweak » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:06 pm

FoMoCo63 wrote:Jet Ranger one of my favorite shows to watch, never get tired of Andy Griffith Show. The new police car every year, all Galaxies through the years, and all the other FORDS in there as well.

I actually got to meet Andy Griffith once, in one of the Memphis airport (KMEM), while waiting to board a flight home for some leave after nearly 2 years straight of school. I had just gotten in the Corps, and Millington, Tenn was the major Aviation training base for the Navy and Marines. Everything from basic "this is an airplane...see?...repeat after me now...WING..." to AVIC-7, the Navy's BSEE equivalent (which I went back for a couple years later!). :clap: :dance: :violin: :)
ANYway, we were the only two who bothered to show up and check in well ahead of time for the flight to KSFO, so I thought it might be a good idea to go over and just say "Hi!" to him like to a normal Human. I was in my brand new Cpl uniform (summer weight Charlies, if anyone cares), but when I went over to say hello, he pretty much grunted a two word response equivalent to "Go away!". :shock: :o :roll: :oops: Not that swearing bothers me much...I was, after all, a Marine with two years plus experience, so I'd heard swearing (some directed at me, some not... :lol: ) before. But to hear it from a major celeb like him... :shock: :twisted:
He was the single, most offensive person I ever had to put up with on a flight to anywhere! From then on I never watched a single show, movie, interview...you name it featuring Andy... :naughty: :hand:
Anyway, Nice pics of your Ford! I wish I had looked that good at 50! :lol: :lol:

Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby FoMoCo63 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Almost 50 years old 1967 Thunderbird.

oops, wrong one that what it looked like years ago :)

Today the car looks like this. Pretty sure it will make it to 50 and then some. Photo was took 2 days ago right after a rain storm. Love my FORD's

FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Autos