Bird strike

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Bird strike

Postby expat » Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am

I bet this chap required a clean racing suit once he had stopped and not because of a few blood spots either.... :o

Bird strike...

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Bird strike

Postby ozzy72 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:38 pm

That was one lucky seagull! I've actually had a bunny explode its head all over one of my Frank Thomas boots once coming around a corner at a ton. Took me ages to clean all of the evil little fluffy bottomed idiot out of my boot!
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bird strike

Postby machineman9 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 pm

That was very lucky... Felipe Massa nearly died from a collision at those speeds when a spring fell off a race car, bounced and was hit by Massa as he drove along.

The only similar story was when my mum's boyfriend was driving down the motorway. A duck flew in front of his MX-5 and well, got pretty much ruined when it hit the front bumper at highway speed. The funny part is that the duck hit so hard, it got stuck in the bumper and he had to yank it out when he got home
Last edited by machineman9 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machineman9
Major
Major

Return to Autos