The final burn out.

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

The final burn out.

Postby expat » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Ferdinand Porsche has gone to the great scrap yard in the sky.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The final burn out.

Postby C » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Ferdinand Porsche the younger.

That said, at least he brainchild, the 911, is still part of a continual family line stretching back to his 901. The other Ferdinand Porsche would probably be turning in his grave at VW's desecration of the memory of his Beetle, and it's flowerpot on the dash!
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 am

That said, at least he brainchild, the 911, is still part of a continual family line stretching back to his 901. The other Ferdinand Porsche would probably be turning in his grave at VW's desecration of the memory of his Beetle, and it's flowerpot on the dash!

You mean the Golf with a effeminate body kit :-X :-X

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby C » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 am

You mean the Golf with a effeminate body kit :-X :-X

Matt

That's the one!

I must admit on seeing the news on the web, thinking Ferdinand Porsche must be abot 150 by now
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby expat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:21 am

I have never understood the act of naming your child after your own name. My cousin did it too. She named her son after her husband. He is also named Matt. At family get togethers there are then three Matt's in the room ::)

Matt (the first and original ;D)

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby jetprop » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:15 am

I have never understood the act of naming your child after your own name. My cousin did it too. She named her son after her husband. He is also named Matt. At family get togethers there are then three Matt's in the room ::)

That provides some confusing situations. ;D
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby expat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:16 am

You are not joking, especially when the waiter brings me a apple juice and not a large beer ;D ;D

Matt

expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:38 pm

That and not only that, but mainly to avoid legal implications and snags that may or may not happen all throughout the life of either or both persons, is why in some countries, like for example mine, the naming of a child after his father is not allowed. :P

Grandfathers' names may be inherited (forcefully so, since the child is never asked about it), and in fact I was given the name of my Grandfather (my father's father), but father-to-child is forbidden, not even appending the local equivalent of the Jr suffix or numerals like in a factory, like elsewhere possible. ;D

Just FYI. ;)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Return to Autos