New US Grand Prix?!

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

New US Grand Prix?!

Postby pfevrier » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Woohoo!!! Apparently the US Grand Prix will be held in Austin, Tx from 2012 through 2021. Right in my backyard too, only 3hrs away from home! I'll definitely be there!

http://www.formula1unitedstates.com/index.html
-Pierre-
pfevrier
Major
Major

Re: New US Grand Prix?!

Postby C » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Keep up! ;)

The track looks quite good. Lets hope they can draw in the fans. It also helps that Bernie Ecclestone's known the promoter since he was a wee baby! ;D
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby U4EA » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Til 2021?  Austin?  Texas?  Now I do realize that silly Tony George effed the F1 GP at Indy pretty good, but even then there was little draw after the inaugural event.

I'm not sayin' that Austin couldn't make a go of it, but if the 'birthplace' of open-wheel racing can't keep interest then........maybe Austin can!!! :D
U4EA

Postby The Ruptured Duck » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 pm

To be honest I would rather have any number of other US tracks be the home of the USGP (Watkins Glen, Road America) but when you consider what the FIA would to to change them, a new circuit is the best option, even if it is in Texas :D
"If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing" -Ben Franklin

"Man must rise above the Earth to the top of the atmosphere and beyond, for only
The Ruptured Duck
Major
Major

Postby U4EA » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 am

Last edited by U4EA on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
U4EA

Return to Autos