Dumb question...

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: Dumb question...

Postby expat » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

15 mins on a Renault and it then loses the stereo code so make sure you know it before you play!

20/20 hindsight  ;D

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Strategic Retreat » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:05 pm

15 mins on a Renault and it then loses the stereo code so make sure you know it before you play!

Wow!!! :o

This doesn't happen on a FIAT, and I know it because I own one. So you're telling us the French managed to get one up on us on the effort in worsening their cars' management? Scandalous! :-?
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby ozzy72 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

My problem is I brought the Renault whilst in Hungary, the manual was all in German. I failed German at school on principal....
When I couldn't get the stereo to work I went on a Megane forum and discovered the terrible truth ;D ;D ;D
Didn't take me too long to work out what it was... only about 3 hours ::)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby gtirob01 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say that if it is an incomplete test, it likely is a readiness monitor that the car always runs. An example would be a catalytic converter test, or an oxygen sensor test; these are pretty much all emission related tests. To run the test, simply drive the vehicle. Some tests like the evap system test can even take several drive cycles, so dont just assume something is wrong. If something is wrong, your check engine light will once again come on.

And to answer this...
"Is there a way to find out what the incomplete test is?"

Get a better scanner!  ;D
Last edited by gtirob01 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My specs... A hard drive, motherboard, graphics card, some memory, a keyboard, mouse, and monitor - in other words, nothing special.

My Posky
gtirob01
Major
Major

Postby Ivan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Go ahead with the swedish tuneup (aka battery / fuse out for 15 minutes) option

For the rest... dont assume every GM garage has the right software in their TECH2, theres a load of vehicle specific stuff in that little box
Russian planes: IL-76 (all standard length ones),  Tu-154 and Il-62, Tu-134 and [url=http://an24.uw.hu/]An-24RV[/ur
Ivan
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Autos