The end of a great career

With a lot of interest in Auto's here, only wingless machines please!

Re: The end of a great career

Postby Flt.Lt.Andrew » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:37 am

I hated him as soon as he said "To me, winning is everything" - that crushed the 4 year old child that I was!

At least now maybe the sport will be a bit cleaner!

Still, he's had a damned good career.

A.
Flt.Lt.Andrew

Postby Craig. » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:55 am

I hated him as soon as he said "To me, winning is everything"
Which is something he took from Prost, and thats the only way to look at F1 from his point of view. If winning isn't everything your not 100% commited. Look at Alonso lately, he used to be about getting it done on the track, but since the Canadian Gp he's spent more time complaining to the papers and tv companies about how he's not winning than just focusing on retaining his title. For one brief moment in Hungary he looked focused and look how good he was. But other than that, the guys gone from an easy lead to hold onto for a guy of his caliber, to on track fights with friday drivers, and poor race performances to end up with only 2 points left in his lead. yes he's had two DNF's one cancelled out when Schumi screwed up in Hungary. Now he needs to shut up and hurt Michael where it most hurts, on the track. Instead of whining about something he has no control over he could get the best possible revenge by winning the title. He needs to look at himself now as 4 points behind Schumacher, as I would almost bet my life savings on a 1-2 for Ferrari in Japan and a Schumi win at Brazil. So China is where Alonso needs to come away with a win. Or at least finish ahead of Michael.
Remember in professional sports, winning isn't everything, its the only thing. ;) :)
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Arnimon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:15 am

Being some kind of paranoic,my thoughts about the retiremend of MS are;though i don
It looks like chicken,smells like chicken,tastes like chicken,but when Chuck Norris says its Beef...then damnit...its Beef!!!
Arnimon
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Autos